The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
How did Chris Waddle get the R5 gig? He's clueless, cliche ridden and inarticulate
In Waddle speak, that would be "How did Chris Waddle went and got the gig", and just wait for a "pelanty" decicion. Possibly one of the worst manglers of the English language in football commentary.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm not saying it's going badly but Bury have won away from home more recently than Manchester United and they don't exist any more!

pjd57

Veteran
Enjoyed my trip to Celtic Park last night.
Good 2-0 win over Cluj.

The cycle home was wet, very very wet.
Only 7 miles, through the city centre, slower than usual as there where puddles everyw6.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I do hope no-one is indulging in any unseemly gloating over the results of the two Manchester clubs today. We should be above that sort of thing :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I for one would not dream of it ^_^^_^^_^^_^😊😊😊

AndyRM

XOXO

postman

Legendary Member
Why oh why do teams like England keep playing the ball back across back across ,goalie big hoof up field lose ball opponents score it happened tonight.All this crap about possesion is a load of tosh if you are not sending the ball towards the opponents penalty area.Kane was crap he had no support,poor old /young Rashford never had a kick,and Sterling for all his forward running was dire.I feel sorry for the paying public.I think footie is crap today.Yet these players play on billiard table style pitches diet training tactics are so up to date.But please stop going backwards the goakl is at the other end of the pitch.

postman

Legendary Member
There are reports that England fans were in trouble with riot police.This is not true,they just wanted to leave early they had seen enough.The police pushed them back in and made them watch the game to the bitter end.

AndyRM

XOXO
Why oh why do teams like England keep playing the ball back across back across ,goalie big hoof up field lose ball opponents score it happened tonight.All this crap about possesion is a load of tosh if you are not sending the ball towards the opponents penalty area.Kane was crap he had no support,poor old /young Rashford never had a kick,and Sterling for all his forward running was dire.I feel sorry for the paying public.I think footie is crap today.Yet these players play on billiard table style pitches diet training tactics are so up to date.But please stop going backwards the goakl is at the other end of the pitch.

Bit of an over reaction to losing one qualifier in 10 years.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Bit of an over reaction to losing one qualifier in 10 years.
One of the few decent sides they've played in ten years of qualifying. Comfortable wins against former Soviet block nations with small populations tend to give England an inflated opinion of themselves. As was shown in the last World Cup, the first quality team they come up against ends that illusion.

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Controversial point maybe - but is Harry Kane really as good as they say he is?

He racks up a considerable number of goals every year because he's the penalty taker for both Spurs and England. How would he fare in the Golden Boot competition (or whatever name they are giving it this year) if penalties didn't count? Just goals from open play, together with free kicks. Penalties are one on one with the goalkeeper from close range. Geoff Hurst used to say no decent forward should miss a penalty kick (his technique was to pick a face in the crowd behind the goal and imagine he was playing a 40 yard pass to that person).

But what if the kick had to be taken by a defender? I would like to see a change in the way penalties are awarded. I think it would be fairer and more interesting if the person who was fouled had to take the penalty (as long as they weren't injured by the foul). If, for instance, a centre half comes up for a corner and gets fouled when he jumps for a header. I'd like to see him taking a penalty, rather than the club's expert taker.

Top Bottom