The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Despite making it look much harder than it really needed to be, my team manage another 3 points following a tough away European away tie.:bravo:
Your team being ???
My team managed another 3 points following a tough away European away tie^_^.
I was surprised at the stats. Watching live I hadnt realised Lpool were so dominant.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
They seemed to be doing the hacking.....(chopping Burnley's game to pieces, not in Ron Harris style, natch).

Was a good watch. Not too many heavy tackles from either side tbh - Burnley seemed to be taking it easier than usual (we've been to every Burnley vs Chelsea match during their on/off appearances in the EPL for the last 10 years or so and normally Turf Moor is hack-central). Zouma managed to keep the thug Barnes quiet and it was amusing to see this awful player get dumped on his backside a few times. :smile:

Also nice to see that the away fans have finally gotten plastic seats instead of the old wooden ones although they are desperately narrow. Not too much of a problem though as everyone stands and the stewards seem relaxed about it.

Good result for us and a shame we got complacent near the end and let in a brace.

Easy trip back to the Lakes in only 1.5 hours as many Burnley fans had left before the end of the second half and there wasn't the usual scrum to get out of the car parks. ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bring back 'Chopper Harris' hey. Them was good footy days.
And let's not forget...

1572279706802.png

Slick

Guru
Your team being ???
My team managed another 3 points following a tough away European away tie^_^.
I was surprised at the stats. Watching live I hadnt realised Lpool were so dominant.
Only the world famous Glasgow Rangers Dave, your man Steve G is making his mark up hear this season. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
What a game of football at Anfield last night! :ohmy:

Not many teams go there, score five goals and end up losing. Liverpool, literally, penalised them for not winning in 90 minutes.
A very exciting game. 11 changes and we still scraped a win ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
Villa Vs Lpool shows what a joke VAR can be if not handled properly. Even Eddy Gray says it was a fiddle (my words).
Goal line technology yes but I am not sure about its value in general.
Edit
Mods
Just realised there is an actual thread on this.......please feel free to move this.

Slick

Guru
Would like to see him do well there, win the Scottish prem then take over from Klopp. Lets hope he becomes good enough.
I would guess that's the plan, maybe a step inbetween would be good but either way we are just glad to have him here at the moment. :thumbsup:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I would guess that's the plan, maybe a step inbetween would be good but either way we are just glad to have him here at the moment. :thumbsup:
Nice to read that.
I have watched Lpool since the 60s and to me (IMO only) he was our greatest ever player. You can look at other great players eg Kenny etc who were wonderful in what they did but for an all round player that inspired the team he did it for me.

Top Bottom