The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Obviously the red card helped, but it looked like one of those days where everything went in. :okay:
I've watched the red card/penalty incident over and over,but i just can't see why it was a sending off. The Stanley player fouled just got up and didn't seem to be injured. It looks like the referee saw it as a dangerous tackle that luckily didn't make that much contact with our player.

Slick

Guru
I've watched the red card/penalty incident over and over,but i just can't see why it was a sending off. The Stanley player fouled just got up and didn't seem to be injured. It looks like the referee saw it as a dangerous tackle that luckily didn't make that much contact with our player.
I assumed it was last man denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, but I've long since given up trying to second guess a referee.

Slick

Guru
Another excellent win for the Rangers today although they made it look much harder than it needed to be as they are obviously saving themselves for Thursday night. Ryan Kent is one of the few highlights from today as he played a blinder in patches and scored an absolute screamer before adding his second and Rangers 3rd.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
1574709757115.png

Mike_P

Guru
Watched a bit of Man City Women's game at the weekend on TV. They were playing in the third kit which quite frankly them made all look like it was that time of the month without any measures having been taken. If it was a cycling kit no doubt calls would have been made to have it banned

PaulB

Legendary Member
If VAR continues in its current form, fans will be staying away from live games in their droves.

Last night, when Napoli scored, the thousands of fans surrounding me in the Kop moaned and groaned that the goal was subject to scrutiny and this spoke volumes about what's happening. Even though there was some hope it would be disallowed, the unanimous verdict was that we'd ALL rather see it stand than take away the spontaneity that brings extremes of emotion, that being what football is all about. It's like you have to delay cheering while dopey-drawers in the middle has his ability to see called in to question while every move in the build up is analysed in minute detail

Regardless of the outcome of individual decisions, this has careered out of control and will be the death of top flight football unless its thrown out as a means of dissecting football into constituent parts. It's a right load of Shania Twain.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Jamie Redknapp has postulated a theory that Spurs might have sacked Poch in order to stop Arsenal appointing Mourinho. If this is true I, as an Arsenal fan, offer my sincere thanks to Tottenham Hotspur and Mr Levy. I don't want Mourinho anywhere near a club I support.

Spurs, thank you... you are welcome to him. 👍

matiz

Guru
Wolves fans getting worried about the persistent rumours linking Nuno to the Arsenal job, he was 20/1 a couple of days ago he's now odds on favourite.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Wolves fans getting worried about the persistent rumours linking Nuno to the Arsenal job, he was 20/1 a couple of days ago he's now odds on favourite.
Well fortunately for Wolves fans the football world isn't run by the bookies and the media. Its by no means certain that there will even be a change of manager... but the boo boys got their way with Wenger, so I suppose speculation is inevitable. As Arsenal now seems to be run by a committee (and we know what that usually means) I think they will go for somebody we have never heard of. Personally I think they need a big name manager if they want to attract top players.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing Pochettino get the job (but I can't see that happening). We have good players but they are playing with no confidence. Arsenal are at their best in attack mode but lately we see too many matches when they start slowly and sit back to see what the opposition is going to do - which usually results in a goal or two going in before they wake up. They need a rocket up 'em and Poch might be the man to do that. I don't know whether Nuno is that type of guy but he's certainly done well at Wolves. I'm not sure he would want to move from there to be honest.

Top Bottom