The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well you know only too well what's going to happen there. Evertonil will roll over and regard their defeat to Leicester as a victory as it narrows Liverpool's lead to eight points and allow Evertonil to come roaring out of the traps at us on Wednesday night. That's going to happen as sure as night follows day.
I cant see them rolling over but I cant see them getting a result of any kind.
I also cant see us not beating them on Wednesday.
But.....I have been known to be wrong:rolleyes:

pjd57

Veteran
Well Barton is an expert on being a turd.
He certainly proved that during his time in Scottish football.
Imposter.

13 rider

Guru
Another win for the foxes clear 2nd place ^_^.
How about Everton sack Silva for him to reappear at Watford ! . Football was become bonkers enough these days

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Why would BR give up 2nd place Leicester for Arsenal.
Money.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Prestige.

Arsenal are high profile and big news, Leicester are a provincial club largely ignored by the media. If any of the London clubs were in second place the media would be analysing their prospects to death, the poor old Fox's get barely a mention with everyone concentrating on City's chances of catching Liverpool.

All managers are egotists, they have to be to do the job and they all seek the limelight.

I cant see them rolling over but I cant see them getting a result of any kind.
I also cant see us not beating them on Wednesday.
But.....I have been known to be wrong:rolleyes:

I was at Goodison Park in 1988 to see Everton beat Liverpool, ending their long unbeaten run. Wayne Clark scored the winner.

Great atmosphere and friendly crowd, even though the Everton fans near me found out I was a Spurs fan, who had beaten Everton the previous week in London. After the game, I was taken to a pub for a few beers.

PaulB

Legendary Member
You don't need to be a Nostradamus to be able to predict there'll be a taxi at the gate outside Anfield on Wednesday night, do you? "Taxi for Mr. Silva."

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Good question. All big teams seem to go though a few years of not being competitive - Liverpool have, in the last couple of years, come out of theirs, Man Utd are still in theirs and Arsenal may just be entering theirs. Chelsea too have had their problems. Rogers may see himself as the man who can reverse Arsenal's recent slide before it goes too far. Make no mistake,
Arsenal are a big club with fans world wide. Relative current league position doesn't mean much.

Leicester are doing very well this season but will they keep it up in the years to come? They did brilliantly to win the Premiership under Ranieri (when Arsenal were second) but we all know what happened the next season.

Rogers also will be aware that Arsenal don't sack managers lightly. Arsene Wenger had a few seasons where the team wasn't at their best but the board stuck with him. I don't think the Arsenal board want to become another Watford, with their managerial roundabout, so if a manager is capable he would have a job for years.

Top Bottom