The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seevio

Guru
Big day for Liverpool.
1. Jurgen has signed a new 5 year contract.
2. Lpool have agreed a deal for that Japanese player from Salzburg (i would spell his name if I could:rolleyes:). I rated him both times we played them. A snip at £7.5M sell out clause.
I note that Steven Gerrard has also signed a contract extension. It's due to run out at the same time as Klopp's....

Dave7

Legendary Member
I note that Steven Gerrard has also signed a contract extension. It's due to run out at the same time as Klopp's....
Yes.....I noted that. Very interesting "coincidence" isnt it.
Klopp has previously stated that Gerrard should be the next manager.

Slick

Guru
Yes.....I noted that. Very interesting "coincidence" isnt it.
Klopp has previously stated that Gerrard should be the next manager.
Big day for my team too, qualifying from the group stage of the UEFA cup, especially when you are considered cannon fodder for what is effectively a champions league group, is a tremendous achievement but can't help be disappointed to lose such a late goal to cost us top spot. We just need to hope we get a favourable draw in the next round like Man United.:becool:

We know Stevie G will have to go home at some point, but he has a job to finish here first.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Big day for my team too, qualifying from the group stage of the UEFA cup, especially when you are considered cannon fodder for what is effectively a champions league group, is a tremendous achievement but can't help be disappointed to lose such a late goal to cost us top spot. We just need to hope we get a favourable draw in the next round like Man United.:becool:

We know Stevie G will have to go home at some point, but he has a job to finish here first.
And may he do a good job for you.
My opinion only but he was the best player I ever saw in a Lpool shirt (and I stood in the kop from the 60s). There have been players far better in certain positions but imo no one as good all round. Inspirational.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Big day for Liverpool.
1. Jurgen has signed a new 5 year contract.
2. Lpool have agreed a deal for that Japanese player from Salzburg (i would spell his name if I could:rolleyes:). I rated him both times we played them. A snip at £7.5M sell out clause.
You missed out Liverpool had to struggle against insurmountable odds beating Watford despite the absence of me missing my first game of the season due to a debilitating chest infection (except that other one where I was still abroad and couldn't get back in time). Obviously, this news was kept out of the public domain in case Elton had marched into the Hornet's dressing room to point out the glaring chink in Liverpool's armour. I had no shortage of volunteers to take up my place.

PaulB

Legendary Member
And may he do a good job for you.
My opinion only but he was the best player I ever saw in a Lpool shirt (and I stood in the kop from the 60s). There have been players far better in certain positions but imo no one as good all round. Inspirational.
You must have missed Sean Dundee. We've never fully recovered from his disappearance.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You missed out Liverpool had to struggle against insurmountable odds beating Watford despite the absence of me missing my first game of the season due to a debilitating chest infection (except that other one where I was still abroad and couldn't get back in time). Obviously, this news was kept out of the public domain in case Elton had marched into the Hornet's dressing room to point out the glaring chink in Liverpool's armour. I had no shortage of volunteers to take up my place.
So they made it.....despite your absence.
It was touch and go though. Once again I was shouting to JK that Salah needed subbing only for him to come up with a wonder goal.
Then follow it up with an audacious one.
BTW.....if I may ask, which area do you live in ?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I stand corrected sir. He made such a massive impact that I had forgotten him and those goals that he nearly scored^_^
I remember once seeing him at Ewood Park and he was so in tune with his fellow forwards, he developed a habit of racing forwards
to show he had speed but never in tune with the ball he was chasing which inevitably would hit him on the back of his neck and give possession back to the opposition. If that was a tactic we wanted to utilise, he would have been the greatest in the world at that! And in answer to your other question, I live in Lancashire now because of my wife's job.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I remember once seeing him at Ewood Park and he was so in tune with his fellow forwards, he developed a habit of racing forwards
to show he had speed but never in tune with the ball he was chasing which inevitably would hit him on the back of his neck and give possession back to the opposition. If that was a tactic we wanted to utilise, he would have been the greatest in the world at that! And in answer to your other question, I live in Lancashire now because of my wife's job.
Which area was you dragged up in ?

Slick

Guru
Nice looking draw for the famous Glasgow Rangers in the next round of the UEFA cup.

Still in with a shout against Braga. :cuppa:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Smithdown Road, mainly. What about you?
I am dead posh like I am.
Born Birkenhead
Brought up Seacombe (near the ferry)
Moved to Moreton when our house was knocked down for the Mersey Tunnel.
Worked in Liverpool for several years (Liver Buildings.....then Cadburys, Moreton.
Married in '68 and lived in New Brighton before moving to Warrington.
At one stage me and my FiL used to get our tickets off Rodger Hunt.....either paddock or Cop.
Had some wonderful European nights in the Cop over the years.

Top Bottom