The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
How times have changed. Harry Rednap was on the radio saying he used to travel to West Ham's training ground by bus. Martin Peters drove a Ford Anglia, and he would sometimes give him a lift.

Can you imagine a modern day apprentice travelling by bus, or worse still a world cup winner driving a Ford Mondeo?
I recall reading that Stanley Matthews had togo to the match by bus, carrying his boots which had cleaned and dubbined.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watford beating ManU 2 nil with 10 minutes left.
They gave Lpool a tough game last week at Anfield.
Pearson seems to be doing something right.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Excellent day for Pompey- win over Wycombe, closing in on the play-off spots. And L1 is so tight that they're only three points behind Ipswich in second.

As for Liverpool…good lord. 13 points clear, absolutely demolished Leicester…and this after the trip from Qatar and only sixteen fit outfield players in the first team squad. All those articles about how Man City were poised to dominate for years seem somewhat misguided now…

Slick

Guru
Just saw the Norwich goal chopped off because Pukki's elbow was offside, disgusting. I hope that VAR never comes to Scotland, despite losing a cup final to an offside goal.

Slick

Guru
Poetic justice.

Dave7

Legendary Member
West Ham have sacked Pellegrini. He had to go, nice guy but the wrong man for the job.
If I have my facts right (I often don't) didn't he win the league with City and get a shed load of money to spend at Westaaaam. If so, why do you think he was the wrong man?
Serious question there.....not disagreeing.
I got the impression they gave him a load of dosh and told him to buy success which can fail dismally

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just saw the Norwich goal chopped off because Pukki's elbow was offside, disgusting. I hope that VAR never comes to Scotland, despite losing a cup final to an offside goal.
Refs dont get to use common sense now. VAR says no so thats it.
I thought it was a good idea but I am going back to the swings & roundabouts thought now.
They MUST improve it for next year or it will kill the game.
Maybe just use it for "was it over the line or not" decisions.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If I have my facts right (I often don't) didn't he win the league with City and get a shed load of money to spend at Westaaaam. If so, why do you think he was the wrong man?
Serious question there.....not disagreeing.
I got the impression they gave him a load of dosh and told him to buy success which can fail dismally
West Ham have some decent players who are simply not performing. Watching MoTD last night they were embarrassingly bad and not even putting a decent effort in. The manager was clearly unable to motivate or inspire them so he had to be replaced with someone who can.

Top Bottom