The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
All I have to say is.... WOOHOO!

vickster

Legendary Member
Some big games TV today.
Any predictions??
Brighton v Chelsea.....got to be Chelsea.
S'hampton v Spurs.....got to be Spurs
City v Everton......got to be City
Atsenal v ManU.......I can see Utd edging it.
Newcastle v Leicester.....Leicester win.
Now I really hope I get all the above wrong.
Very glad you were wrong on 3/5 :smile:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Arsenal were so dominant in the first half I think they felt sorry for United, so they let them have the ball in the second half. Even then they couldn't do much with it.
(Did that sound like gloating? :giggle:)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Good if nerve wracking game at the end.

But VAR has got to go.

Biggest cheers were for kickoffs not goals. Only then can you be sure. Awful, awful system. Bin it.
VAR will be the end of football as we know it. The big problem is we've now got the FIFA generation in the ascendency and these are people who have played football primarily on their computers/ipads/other such systems and so are used to analysing every angle of the play they've just 'been involved' in.

For me, and all the people who sit around me (Kop, Anfield), we would much rather have seen that disputed goal for Napoli and that 'offside' goal for Wolves stand WITHOUT VAR than to have been disallowed with all the pantomime that goes around it. It's hideous and stops the basic purpose you go to the match for. You can't cheer or leap up in ecstasy now until the bastard-in-the-black's fingers have drawn an imaginary square and pointed to the spot. You cannot defer joy, it's like coitus interruptus with a delayed 'grand finish'. :cursing:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And VAR will never be anything but dog slow as the operators are as mindful of getting the decision spot on as even the fussiest referees in order to protect their jobs, so even the obvious calls will be viewed time and time again from every angle "Just in case".

The only thing VAR should be used for is to determine whether the ball crossed the line for a goal or not which is clear and easy to determine. Anywhere else it is rubbish.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Blimey....drawn level with minutes to go.
Go Brighton GO!!

What a great bicycle 🚲 kick... 😉

Dave7

Legendary Member
You will win nothing with kids!!!
Liverpool kids beat Everton 1st team.
Everton could have won it in the first half but Liverpool dominated second half with a WONDER goal to win it.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
You will win nothing with kids!!!
Liverpool kids beat Everton 1st team.
Everton could have won it in the first half but Liverpool dominated second half with a WONDER goal to win it.
An excellent performance from LFC Reserves, wasn't it? Everton should have scored in the first half, multiple times, so many chances, but for Adrian and poor choices made by men in blue. Second half, though…it's like they just gave up. Wasted opportunity to end the Anfield jinx. I don't think anyone would have kept out that Jones strike, though…what a goal. And all those kids barely put a foot wrong. Minamino looks like a hit, some nice touches, could have scored. Milner's injury seemed only to give Larouci a chance to shine, which he took. Elliott belied his age, again, Williams did well, Nat Phillips pretty good. Of the 'oldies', Gomez seems to be back to his best, Origi was tricksy, Lallana made a rather convincing Henderson understudy. Quintuple still on…

PaulB

Legendary Member
An excellent performance from LFC Reserves, wasn't it? Everton should have scored in the first half, multiple times, so many chances, but for Adrian and poor choices made by men in blue. Second half, though…it's like they just gave up. Wasted opportunity to end the Anfield jinx. I don't think anyone would have kept out that Jones strike, though…what a goal. And all those kids barely put a foot wrong. Minamino looks like a hit, some nice touches, could have scored. Milner's injury seemed only to give Larouci a chance to shine, which he took. Elliott belied his age, again, Williams did well, Nat Phillips pretty good. Of the 'oldies', Gomez seems to be back to his best, Origi was tricksy, Lallana made a rather convincing Henderson understudy. Quintuple still on…
You can only think those lads have given Klopp a headache and will be knocking on his door now. He's got an embarrassment of riches and all would run through brick walls for him to get the chance to play for what is surely the greatest team on this earth.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Haha.....seems odd to read about Gomez, aged 22, being "of the oldies".......but you are right ^_^

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
An excellent performance from LFC Reserves, wasn't it? Everton should have scored in the first half, multiple times, so many chances, but for Adrian and poor choices made by men in blue.
West Ham let Adrian go after sticking him on the bench when many would have had him as their first choice keeper. So when Fabrianski gets injured we get stuck with some clown they got from a Brazilian circus in goal 😠😠😠

Top Bottom