The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Refs dont get to use common sense now. VAR says no so thats it.
I thought it was a good idea but I am going back to the swings & roundabouts thought now.
They MUST improve it for next year or it will kill the game.
Maybe just use it for "was it over the line or not" decisions.
I'm watching my team in the early kick off and as I said, we lost the cup final to a goal with 3 offside players and we lost a goal today to a deflected handball and I still wouldn't want to see that up here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watching Celtic vs Rangers on tv. A good game. Rangers leading 2-1 but Celtic piling on the pressure.
I dont follow all Scotish football but for several reasons i am shouting for Rangers.

Dave7

Legendary Member
West Ham have some decent players who are simply not performing. Watching MoTD last night they were embarrassingly bad and not even putting a decent effort in. The manager was clearly unable to motivate or inspire them so he had to be replaced with someone who can.
Have to agree 100% there. If I was a pundit I could agree 110% ^_^

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
West Ham have some decent players who are simply not performing. Watching MoTD last night they were embarrassingly bad and not even putting a decent effort in. The manager was clearly unable to motivate or inspire them so he had to be replaced with someone who can.

Is that someone David Moyes?

Looks favourite, according to the radio.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Benitez would be the preferred choice, but they can't afford the time or the money involved in buying out his contract. I was not happy when they got rid of Moyes, I thought he was the right man for the club.

Has anyone succeeded when returning to a club, or at least done better than the first time?

I'm a Spur and was slightly surprised to read Pocchetino doesn't rule out a return.

Whatever happens , Mourinho is unlikely to stay more than two or three seasons, so I suppose Poch knows the job will become vacant again.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Has anyone succeeded when returning to a club, or at least done better than the first time?

I'm a Spur and was slightly surprised to read Pocchetino doesn't rule out a return.

Whatever happens , Mourinho is unlikely to stay more than two or three seasons, so I suppose Poch knows the job will become vacant again.
That is a good point about going back, and my one reservation.

Re Mourinho, he gets a lot of stick about being a three season wonder where ever he goes, but three years is about it now for any manager. Few last longer and many don't get anywhere near that.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pundits on 5Live earlier tonight were bigging up Moyes.

He certainly doesn't lack confidence: "I win matches, that's what I do."

I wonder how long he can trade on a few good years at Everton.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
According to Sky Sports, Moyes was only 20th in the 'points won per game' category for the last decade. He was 5th in the points total but that is heavily influenced by the number of Premiership games the managers had in the last decade (Wenger is No.1 but Alex Ferguson is only 13th, due to him retiring and not being in charge for many games).

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some big games TV today.
Any predictions??
Brighton v Chelsea.....got to be Chelsea.
S'hampton v Spurs.....got to be Spurs
City v Everton......got to be City
Atsenal v ManU.......I can see Utd edging it.
Newcastle v Leicester.....Leicester win.
Now I really hope I get all the above wrong.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Some big games TV today.
Any predictions??
Well I hope you get one of them wrong! We had some bad luck against Chelsea last time out. I've given up hopes of us doing anything much this season but a win would be very welcome.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Some big games TV today.
Any predictions??

Off to the City match in a bit.

Prediction: we'll concede two early goals, score two late ones, have a 95th minute winner disallowed for an armpit hair being offside, then lose to a 97th minute VAR awarded penalty.

You heard it here first.

Top Bottom