The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Watching Everton Vs Arsenal (I know but I am not well). Its dire. Unless Everton have found a shed load of money I have to ask why Ancelloti would go there.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Watching Everton Vs Arsenal (I know but I am not well). Its dire. Unless Everton have found a shed load of money I have to ask why Ancelloti would go there.
Hard to say who's got the bigger job really, Ancellotti or Arteta. Personally, as an Arsenal fan I would say Arteta. Both are going to need serious money invested but Arteta also has the team to sort out - I think some Arsenal players are already wanting to leave (and I don't blame them). We know Auba doesn't look like signing a new contract, Torreira wants away, Xhaka looks like going and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lacazette wanting away as they don't play him now (big mistake IMO). In short we're farked.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hard to say who's got the bigger job really, Ancellotti or Arteta. Personally, as an Arsenal fan I would say Arteta. Both are going to need serious money invested but Arteta also has the team to sort out - I think some Arsenal players are already wanting to leave (and I don't blame them). We know Auba doesn't look like signing a new contract, Torreira wants away, Xhaka looks like going and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lacazette wanting away as they don't play him now (big mistake IMO). In short we're farked.
Yes..... at least Ancoletti has vast experience plus contacts all over europe. Arteta has none of that. A biiiig decision he made.

Kempstonian

Yes..... at least Ancoletti has vast experience plus contacts all over europe. Arteta has none of that. A biiiig decision he made.
True... but Pep reckons he's good enough so time will tell. I always liked him as a player and he loves the club, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a success. Its all down to how the players react to him. Apparently he was very good in training with the Man City players. Basically Arsenal have good players but their attitude is all wrong. Unai Emery had been trying to get some of them to play in a style they didn't like and weren't very good at, so results suffered and so did the team morale. Arteta will somehow have to get the winning mentality back for things to get better. A confident, attacking Arsenal was always hard to beat. We need to get back to that.

Edit: Oh yeah, we also need a defence!

Kempstonian

If I was a manager building a team I would start with a solid defence. Your midfielders and forwards can't have any confidence when your defence is as leaky as Arsenal's is at the moment. Of course the injuries don't help but we have players in defence who just aren't good enough. They have to go.

Kempstonian

Martin Peters has died aged seventy six. I was a regular at Upton Park for the whole of his time at West Ham, 1962 - 70, and he was one of the clubs all time greats as well as being a key member of the England World Cup winning team. He went on to have a distinguished career at Tottenham and Norwich City. He will be sadly missed.
A true legend (even if he did play for Spurs!). He was a great player who I admired a lot. RIP Martin...

PaulB

Legendary Member
A new space programme has been announced to try and find a football team from another galaxy that might be able to beat this Liverpool side because they can't find any on this planet that can do that. Liverpool FC. Club Champions of the World!

matiz

Guru
Martin Peters has died aged seventy six. I was a regular at Upton Park for the whole of his time at West Ham, 1962 - 70, and he was one of the clubs all time greats as well as being a key member of the England World Cup winning team. He went on to have a distinguished career at Tottenham and Norwich City. He will be sadly missed.
Watched him play at the Molineux in the 60s with my cousin from East Ham ,he even got a mention on the likely lads when Bob was telling Terry how he ghosted round the pitch like Martin Peters, absolute class player ,along with Bobby and Geoff
RIP

Dave7

Legendary Member
A new space programme has been announced to try and find a football team from another galaxy that might be able to beat this Liverpool side because they can't find any on this planet that can do that. Liverpool FC. Club Champions of the World!
Yes they fought hard last night. Could/should have had it finished much earlier but they were up against another team of champions.
I still have mixed feelings re should they have gone for the Caraboa cup but I am well happy with that.
Get the prem and we have a full house
ARE YOU LISTENING FERGIE.......WE ARE BACK ON OUR PERCH^_^

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yes they fought hard last night. Could/should have had it finished much earlier but they were up against another team of champions.
I still have mixed feelings re should they have gone for the Caraboa cup but I am well happy with that.
Get the prem and we have a full house
ARE YOU LISTENING FERGIE.......WE ARE BACK ON OUR PERCH^_^
Well you have to put it in perspective here. The cash prize for the Carabao cup winners is £200,000. Two hundred thousand pounds! The loss of a player to injury while attempting to win that makes the win pretty irrelevant. I think all participants in Qatar received five million pounds for going and a big chunk more for the winners.

Liverpool have now won three major international trophies in the last six months. Liverpool will strive to beat Evertonil in the FA Cup but the winners of the fourth round tie against Liverpool will be whoever Liverpool play as happens every year now in that tournament which has become a hinderance to all teams involved in Europe.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well you have to put it in perspective here. The cash prize for the Carabao cup winners is £200,000. Two hundred thousand pounds! The loss of a player to injury while attempting to win that makes the win pretty irrelevant. I think all participants in Qatar received five million pounds for going and a big chunk more for the winners.

Liverpool have now won three major international trophies in the last six months. Liverpool will strive to beat Evertonil in the FA Cup but the winners of the fourth round tie against Liverpool will be whoever Liverpool play as happens every year now in that tournament which has become a hinderance to all teams involved in Europe.
Yes, I was explaining that (the financial benefits) to someone....its massive. It also increases our attraction to top players.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
How times have changed. Harry Rednap was on the radio saying he used to travel to West Ham's training ground by bus. Martin Peters drove a Ford Anglia, and he would sometimes give him a lift.

Can you imagine a modern day apprentice travelling by bus, or worse still a world cup winner driving a Ford Mondeo?

Top Bottom