The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
If there is no restart until 2021 surely it would be sensible to continue the existing season on one game a week maximum basis rather than the crammed fixture than many clubs still have to play. In all probability after this years mild winter there will be a many a game called off due to frozen pitches or snow.

pjd57

Veteran
Are the BBC so short on ideas they need to have football focus and show old games..

Maybe I'll have a bet on the winner:laugh:

There's no footy ...put something on we can watch.
The old games the BBC are showing in Scotland seem to be quite popular.
If you go on fans forums they're enjoying discussing it like a live game .
Passes an hour or two.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The old games the BBC are showing in Scotland seem to be quite popular.
If you go on fans forums they're enjoying discussing it like a live game .
Passes an hour or two.

The problem is most people in the UK hate the bloody game.
So as there is no football why not put some good old family entertainment on for the housebound suffering masses..

An abysmal performance I had managed to forget

Watching that again and again (the alternative is work) brings home what a brilliant team Utrecht had at the time. Silberbauer was a Danish international, Nesu was from Steaua Bucharest, Asare was a Ghanaian international, Miche Vorm went on to Swansea and Spurs. Dries Mertens is now Naples' joint top scorer of all time. Ricky "three goals" van Wolfswinkel went on to play for Porto and Norwich. And Eduard du Plan played in a short-sleeved shirt with gloves on in every single match. The team began to breakup and the trainer Ton "shat" du Chatinier decided to play a long-ball game with Mertens, the smallest man in the Eredivisie, as the target man up front. It was soul destroying to see him out-jumped every single time. Shat was fired the following season. But that game remains.

Edit: Lensky returned home to Canada and became a heroin addict. :sad:

Subsequent edit especially for @pjd57, Marc-Antoine Fortuné in that team later spent two season at Celtic Park.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The problem is most people in the UK hate the bloody game.
So as there is no football why not put some good old family entertainment on for the housebound suffering masses..
Porridge film on BBC2 right now :okay:Although ironically it’s the football game scene right now:laugh:

Most people “hate” football seems a massive generalisation, maybe a large proportion are disinterested or don’t care? :scratch:

Yup, lots of Don't Cares; it's the most watched/covered/broadcast sport in the country, and I think this leads to; vocal minority fed-up of the blanket coverage, who "hate it".

Levo-Lon

Guru
Porridge film on BBC2 right now :okay:Although ironically it’s the football game scene right now:laugh:

Most people “hate” football seems a massive generalisation, maybe a large proportion are disinterested or don’t care? :scratch:

:laugh: just watched it, classic.

No ,most people have to put up with football, usually married to a couch slob.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I think this leads to; vocal minority fed-up of the blanket coverage, who "hate it".

And that vocal minority are often hugely hypocritical. My mother watches about 20 hours of soaps per week, my daughter about 15 hours of Netflix kid's shows, both of them moan that I'm *always* watching football!

I watch one live game about every 2 to 3 weeks.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If there is no restart until 2021 surely it would be sensible to continue the existing season on one game a week maximum basis rather than the crammed fixture than many clubs still have to play. In all probability after this years mild winter there will be a many a game called off due to frozen pitches or snow.
That wouldn’t appease the null and void numpties though.......why void a league, just to start a new one

Top Bottom