The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i'll wait until it comes directly from the premier league rather than some broadsheet rag trying to sell papers or get sight hits........

jowwy

You've highlighted the key problem with the word 'infrastructure', because the UK just doesn't have it currently and I'm skeptical that what is required could be put in place in 5 weeks.
they are in advance talks with the government, so it might happen quicker than you think

According to reports here in Holland, UEFA have decided that if a league is not completed the current league table is the final table. I can't see anything on the UEFA website other than that UEFA is meeting today to take a decision, but if so, Liverpool are Champions. Doesn't that give us all a warm glow?

jowwy

I cant see the premier league just finishing as it is....there will be too much money to hand back to TV rights in many many countries.

also i dont get the lets void/finish the league as it is, so that we can start a new season........it just doesn't make sense to me

I believe that the only solution is to finish the 2019/20 season regardless of how long it takes. With more or less 9 games left to play, this could realisticly be done in 6 weeks: ie 3 games to be played every 14 days until its conclusion. The same could/should apply to the lower leagues, too.

If a playing window of the said 6 weeks can commence when deemed 'safe', then possibly May to August could be the right time. On completion, have 2-3 week 'off season', with busy bods arranging the new fixtures for all leagues and players leaving and joining new clubs.

The 2020/21 season, for one season only, would be played WITHOUT competing in the League and FA Cups, thus helping for an early end to the season, giving players and countries time to prepare for a delayed Euro '20 in the summer of 2021.

Easy, or what do you all think? 😃

UEFA says get the leagues finished before next season starts, otherwise:

" If a domestic competition is prematurely terminated for legitimate reasons in accordance with the above conditions, UEFA would require the National Association concerned to select clubs for the UEFA club competitions 2020/21 based on sporting merit in the 2019/20 domestic competitions:
• the procedure for selecting clubs should be based on objective, transparent and non-discriminatory principles. National Associations and Leagues, should otherwise have the ability to decide the final positions in their domestic competitions, having regard to the specific circumstances of each competition"

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Clubs could easily play a game every four or five days. Nine games in six weeks is no problem really. Some have 10 games left but even that is possible.

As I have posted here before, back in 1959 Luton Town had to play 10 matches in ONE month - and then play in the FA Cup Final:

Fixtures.jpg

Top Bottom