The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
strange isn't it......some teams played i think 13 games in 1 month over this years xmas period......yet we can't play 9 games in a month to finish the season when safe to do so

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest rumour in Holland is that the Dutch FA are going to declare Feyenoord the cup winners because they are the "away" team in the final against Utrecht. The home and away sides were chosen by lottery. If Utrecht had been chosen as the "away" team, they would have won the cup and with it a place in the Europa League. True to tradition, the Dutch cup final is played at Feyenoord's very own Kuip stadium. "Away" team my arse!

AndyRM

XOXO
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest rumour in Holland is that the Dutch FA are going to declare Feyenoord the cup winners because they are the "away" team in the final against Utrecht. The home and away sides were chosen by lottery. If Utrecht had been chosen as the "away" team, they would have won the cup and with it a place in the Europa League. True to tradition, the Dutch cup final is played at Feyenoord's very own Kuip stadium. "Away" team my arse!

That's even more ridiculous than anything the English or Scottish FAs could come up with.

That's even more ridiculous than anything the English or Scottish FAs could come up with.

The offending rule, translated by Google:

Article 11 of the professional football regulations.

“If a game in the tournament for the TOTO KNVB Cup is prohibited by government, the club in question is allowed to play the game in question on neutral ground on the same day and at the same time. The mayor then responsible has the power to impose further and / or restrictive conditions on the security organization. "

In Article 11 under "Competition Ban" it further states: "If it is not possible to play the relevant match on neutral ground on the same day and at the same time, the result of the match will automatically be 0-1 and will be considered played. The home playing club is then deemed not to have participated in the relevant round. ”

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

1587738764059.png

Hold my beer

It gets worse. The Dutch FA has asked all the clubs to vote on how the season should end. It has given them three options:
1 The season is voided, no relegation or promotion, Euro places are allocated according to current league standings.
2 The season ends now, the bottom two clubs get relegated and the top two clubs in the second tier get promoted, Euro places are allocated according to current league standings.
3 The season ends now but no team is relegated. Two teams are still promoted and the Eredivisie has 20 teams next season instead of 18, Euro places are allocated according to current league standings.

The FA has instructed the clubs not to vote for option 3 because it would be too complicated. So the clubs are effectively being asked to vote on whether other clubs should be relegated or promoted.

Someone leaked the email address the clubs could send their votes to and the computer system crashed as angry fans hurled abuse at the FA.

Whatever the outcome (expected in an hour), the only winners are going to be lawyers.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep prattling on about some mid-table team in a mickey mouse league on a distant shore (I'm beginning to understand @jowwy's position) , but Utrecht's owner has just said he is going to use "all the lawyers there are" to get the FA's decisions overturned.

Ach, open-top bus parades are so 20th century!

And the votes are in!

Sixteen clubs voted in favour of relegation and promotion. Nine clubs voted in favour of no promotions or relegations and a further nine abstained.

The FA in its wisdom ignored the outcome and decided there will be no promotions or relegations. There's democracy in action for you. Lawyers the length and breadth of the nation will be powdering their wigs.

My last post on this, you'll be relieved to hear. I'm putting me end my ire on ignore.

Top Bottom