The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I won't even tell you my score, it was that bad!

I did get 11/12 on the teams that play in London quiz though

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
There are some real obscure ones on there though. Who'd a thunk San Marino would have been represented?
Yeah, its pretty small but I suppose its still a country, like Andorra. I've been to San Marino when I holidayed in Italy and its just a road going up a hill. A good day trip though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There will be lots of us who remember San Marino taking a 1-0 lead against England (1991-ish?).
Was 93 iirc. I remember watching it in a pub in Londontown. San Marino scored in the first few minutes, England took about half an hour to equalize. England went on to win 7-1

I really should visit San Marino some day - what with the tragic Grand Prix, I don't really have happy sporting memories of the place. :-/
I'm sure it's very nice! (or maybe Imola is??)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Today is the 25th anniversary of Blackburn Rovers winning the Premiership.

1589502742837.png

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/

They were the last 'town team' to win it and probably the last one that ever will!:highfive:

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Jack Walker put over forty million into Blackburn Rovers at the time, and by the financial mores of the day that put them in much the same position over the rest of the league as Manchester City enjoy now.
Yeah,but it was money well spent! Wolves and Derby had similar 'sugar daddies',but they didn't have a great manager at the time like Rovers did! You can have as much money as you like,but you have to know how to spend it!! Anyway,i thought you'd be posting about your club's efforts that day, that made the Rovers dream possible. If it wasn't for your club's defence,especially your keeper Ludek Miklosco:notworthy: the Mancs would've won the title! Rumours went around Blackburn,the following weeks and months after the much deserved title win that Rovers had a 'thank you' medal made for him.:okay:

Were you at the game Joe?

Last edited:
Top Bottom