The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Love in! Ha. AndyRM has already addressed that one so I'll not guild the lily. City are far from loved... who do you credit that love in with though, give us a clue. Have you seen odds at a bookie that have gripped you?

Destroyed? Do you mean Man City weren't as consistent and as good as Liverpool? Nobody was you complete flan, you did it! You won! Congratulations, you were by far the best team in the PL this year! Yay!
Stop concentraring on derision, enjoy your win for God's sake! My goodness, nobody does hubris quite like a Liverpool fan do they?
Nope they were destroyed.......lost 9 games and drew 3, so had nothing to do with consistencey.
no fan does hate more than a Utd, city, arsenal, Chelsea et all fan, especially when Liverpool win trophies.......they spent 30yrs poking the lion and then cry like babies when we celebrate and win trophies.......I’ve hade to put with utd fans singing 20 times since they won the league in 2012 and then say we‘ve only won it once, when we finally get it in our hands and tell us we are on a par with Blackburn and Leicester, nothing but a bunch of idiots....and as for city, it’s got nothing to do with trying to break into the cart el of elite teams, it’s just they’ve done it by cheating FFP and everyone knows it.....

and as for the name calling, I’ll rise above that one and put it back to we’re it came from.

But yup we are champions of Europe, the world and of the premier league and you will here it just as much as we have heard it from city, Utd, arsenal and Chelsea fans for years............fancy spending 20+ years chasing Liverpool and yet still only one title above us, but 3 major trophy wins behind us. Rightfully back in our perch.........

AndyRM

XOXO
Probably just as well Roy Keane wasn't a pundit tonight, he'd have had an aneurysm about De Gea.

As a neutral only really watching these games for lack of any other football, I reckon that's probably the most entertaining one I've seen since the restart (although I was listening to the cricket during the first half).

I hope Bailly is alright, his injury looked nasty.

MarkF

Guru
I notice Fati and Messi have scored for Barcelona today. Wonder if any of the other Mr. Men will get on the score sheet?

I think it was late 80's when Bradford had Benn, Scargill & Heseltine in the same team. Shortly before we had a midfield duo of (Greg & Peter) Abbot & Costello.

Are there stats I can view for pre & post lockdown PL footie? The intensity to me does not seem to be there, it's like training sessions, or maybe it not & I am just bored without crowds.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
I think it was late 80's when Bradford had Benn, Scargill & Heseltine in the same team. Shortly before we had a midfield duo of (Greg & Peter) Abbot & Costello.

Are there stats I can view for pre & post lockdown PL footie? The intensity to me does not seem to be there, it's like training sessions, or maybe it not & I am just bored without crowds.
On a recent BBC programme not sure if Motd or football focus they show a quick premier League table post lockdown when discussing Leicester we were 12th . I think Man City were top .

jowwy

On a recent BBC programme not sure if Motd or football focus they show a quick premier League table post lockdown when discussing Leicester we were 12th . I think Man City were top .
Utd are top post lockdown.....having drawn 2......city have lost 2, Liverpool lost 2 and drawn 1

MarkF

Guru
I was looking for stats for intensity, running, sprints, distance covered etc. I only saw the last 10 mins of Man U v Chelsea and at 0-3 the game was up, but still, it looked well lame. The only team I have seen looking like they were up for it is Leeds, everybody else seems to be half paced.

jowwy

I was looking for stats for intensity, running, sprints, distance covered etc. I only saw the last 10 mins of Man U v Chelsea and at 0-3 the game was up, but still, it looked well lame. The only team I have seen looking like they were up for it is Leeds, everybody else seems to be half paced.
Maybe cause Leeds were fighting for promotion to the premier league after 16yrs in the wilderness........city started post lockdown we’ll, thinking they had a remote chance of catching liverpool, but it went belly up after losing to Chelsea and bottling the chase at the 3rd hurdle, then also lost to southampton. Utd have been on an a bit of an unbeaten run, which saw them go from 5th to 5th, but that run ended today against an half decent Chelsea team who wanted it more and Utd believing the hype that they where back (whatever that means)......the rest of the prem post lockdown has been quite dire in terms of performance, even the champions have lost 2 games having only lost 2 in nearly 20 months.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Nope they were destroyed.......lost 9 games and drew 3, so had nothing to do with consistencey.
no fan does hate more than a Utd, city, arsenal, Chelsea et all fan, especially when Liverpool win trophies.......they spent 30yrs poking the lion and then cry like babies when we celebrate and win trophies.......I’ve hade to put with utd fans singing 20 times since they won the league in 2012 and then say we‘ve only won it once, when we finally get it in our hands and tell us we are on a par with Blackburn and Leicester, nothing but a bunch of idiots....and as for city, it’s got nothing to do with trying to break into the cart el of elite teams, it’s just they’ve done it by cheating FFP and everyone knows it.....

and as for the name calling, I’ll rise above that one and put it back to we’re it came from.

But yup we are champions of Europe, the world and of the premier league and you will here it just as much as we have heard it from city, Utd, arsenal and Chelsea fans for years............fancy spending 20+ years chasing Liverpool and yet still only one title above us, but 3 major trophy wins behind us. Rightfully back in our perch.........

Jesus, you're just hateful mate. Ask yourself why nobody likes a scouser when he wins... then just look above. Never happy, always full of hate for others.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The funniest thing I saw yesterday was....Harry McGuire! How much?

And Jowwy is the worst let-down anything Liverpool FC-related on here.

jowwy

Jesus, you're just hateful mate. Ask yourself why nobody likes a scouser when he wins... then just look above. Never happy, always full of hate for others.
Truth hurts doesn’t it........not just scousers people hate when they win, they hate the mancs, the citizens, the chelski, the gunners....et all. We are are a country that vilifies winners of all shapes, sizes and forms.

you only have to look at the hatred that eludes on this site........they hate wiggins, froome, team sky, ineos, Armstrong, landa, valverde,...the list goes on and this is a cycling website.

as for me being the worst thing about scousers, some people need to look in the mirror and look at what’s looking back in the mirror, before they start pointing fingers of hate at others......

Last edited:

jowwy

I see we have a few snowflakes on the footy thread......happy to abuse people, but not happy being told the truth.....

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I think I need a lie down after Villa's 1-0 win over the Gunners. I was constantly thinking we are going to inevitably shoot ourselves in the foot, but no, not only did we hold on but I thought we played really well.

Its in our hands now. Bring on the Hammers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom