The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I'm not normally one for thinking this way, but I'm actually quite glad Watford got hammered earlier. Say what you like about Pearson, but getting that side to where they are, from where they were and sacking him with 2 games to go? Disgraceful.

Has to be another reason other than the results then. I think they are down now and I'm happy to see Bournemouth & Watford down because with Villa staying up & Leeds arriving it's a good deal for the PL which had too many low interest games.

AndyRM

XOXO
Has to be another reason other than the results then. I think they are down now and I'm happy to see Bournemouth & Watford down because with Villa staying up & Leeds arriving it's a good deal for the PL which had too many low interest games.

Money will almost certainly be involved somewhere.

Pleased for Villa as my mate is a fan, despite being from the Boro. Back when he was a teenager they had some sort of kid for a quid promo at the Riverside, if you were an away fan, so he pretended to be purely to annoy his mates and decided to stick with it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think I need a lie down after Villa's 1-0 win over the Gunners. I was constantly thinking we are going to inevitably shoot ourselves in the foot, but no, not only did we hold on but I thought we played really well.

Its in our hands now. Bring on the Hammers.
Long as you don't win 13-0 if we don't get a point off Man U tonight.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm not normally one for thinking this way, but I'm actually quite glad Watford got hammered earlier. Say what you like about Pearson, but getting that side to where they are, from where they were and sacking him with 2 games to go? Disgraceful.
isnt that same as what liecester did to him aswell??

jowwy

i bet @PaulB is on his way to anfield now, outside waiting for the chelsea game and to celebrate with all his fellow scousers...........

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
isnt that same as what liecester did to him aswell??
Maybe something went on behind the scenes that made his position untenable (And you can bet the tabloids have been digging) but to sack your manager with two vital games to go is madness. Particularly as he has taken them from relegation certs to a club with at least a fighting chance of staying up in six months.

jowwy

Maybe something went on behind the scenes that made his position untenable (And you can bet the tabloids have been digging) but to sack your manager with two vital games to go is madness. Particularly as he has taken them from relegation certs to a club with at least a fighting chance of staying up in six months.
Totally agree....something either isn’t right with him ( 2nd sacking while avoiding relegation) or the clubs are deluded in their expectations

PaulB

Legendary Member
First game tonight - CAAAHHHMMM ON VE 'AMMERS

Second game - surprisingly, a win for either side suits me :okay: Liverpool win is a Liverpool win, Chelsea win (combined with putative 'Ammers victory) Liverpool get the trophy given off KMD and the Champions League is less likely to be infested by Salford Rangers next season.

It's like a double-headed coin, really!

Oh, and while you're waiting, have a go at this
View: https://www.sporcle.com/games/stepheash/the-only-one-premier-league

Second game - surprisingly, a win for either side suits me :okay: Liverpool win is a Liverpool win, Chelsea win (combined with putative 'Ammers victory) Liverpool get the trophy given off KMD and the Champions League is less likely to be infested by Salford Rangers next season.

Given WH are safe hope you don't mind if I go for a man u and liverpool win?

MarkF

Guru

02.53 easy peasy.:okay:

MarkF

Guru
Exciting last Championship games, Brentford needing to better West Broms result to go up but losing to Barnsley, but the latter now going down due to Luton beating Blackburn whilst also condemnding Charlton who are getting spanked at Leeds. Be cracking last 45 mins.:okay:

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I've supported West Ham for too long to believe they're safe till it is a mathematical certainty.

Its going to be a tough game for Villa on Sunday, we will need another class performance to stand a chance of winning. I watched the West Ham v Man U game and I thought West Ham looked far more likely to score the winner.

My hope is now the hammers are safe the players will be thinking more of their summer break than beating us , unlikely with Moyes in charge.

Its going to be an incredibly nervy 90 minutes.

Top Bottom