The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Refs are going mad with the penalties lately. Three more here.
Not seen them so can't really comment ,but I will take them 😄

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I think you can tell that comment was 'tongue in cheek'.
As a supporter for 60 years I always wanted Everton to do well. Even a close second to the reds would be acceptable ^_^.
But........there is a reason they are called the bitters.

If you want to see bitter, take a look at Birmingham City supporters, the local derby between Villa and Small Heath is the most toxic I know of second only to probably Rangers and Celtic. Its down to jealousy due to the Blues lack of silverware and the fact they feel they should be the main club of the second city and clearly are not ^_^

I find it all rather childish, I would like to see the Blues in the Prem, we need more midlands clubs at the top level.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pep will be spending some more money, then…(assuming Sheik Mansour doesn't give him his P45).
Bayern lost at Hoffenheim as well:smile:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Not seen them so can't really comment ,but I will take them 😄
So would I if I was a Foxes supporter... but I wasn't criticizing them (or the ref). I was just remarking on the number of penalties that have been awarded already this season. It seems more than usual to me.

Going back to an earlier post I made... oh lookee what I just read on Sky Sports football pages

PL managers united: 'We need to help'
Premier League managers including Jurgen Klopp have called for football's elite to support lower-league clubs financially impacted by coronavirus.

13 rider

Guru
So would I if I was a Foxes supporter... but I wasn't criticizing them (or the ref). I was just remarking on the number of penalties that have been awarded already this season. It seems more than usual to me.

Going back to an earlier post I made... oh lookee what I just read on Sky Sports football pages

PL managers united: 'We need to help'
Premier League managers including Jurgen Klopp have called for football's elite to support lower-league clubs financially impacted by coronavirus.
Just watched motd from Sat . The handball rule appears to be ridiculous and Var is improving is it

PaulB

Legendary Member
Just watched motd from Sat . The handball rule appears to be ridiculous and Var is improving is it
It's like a panel of football haters have somehow found themselves in a position of executive power governing the rules of football and gone; "How can we end football as a spectacle and make the fans turn away from it in their droves?" Hence VAR and the handball thing. That will just be for starters, they've doubtless got something else up their sleeves.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@vickster
Serious comment......not a dig.
I thought Arteta would fail miserably but he seems to be doing a good job.
You are in need of (at least) one top quality central defender but you are imo going in the right direction.
Thursdays match will be interesting.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I enjoy watching Josè lose but not like that.
You have a defender with his back to the ball.
Carroll mis-heads the ball against the defenders arm.
Its virtually impossible to jump with his arms by his side.
I think they will be forced to change that new rule.

Seevio

Guru
Nobody seems happy with the current implementation of the handball rules so I'm wondering what my fellow armchair experts think the solution should be? The current rules seem to be set up to try and minimise the subjectivity involved and so that decisions can be more uniform across matches. This has already led to some odd decisions and will only get worse.

R_nger

Guru
Nobody seems happy with the current implementation of the handball rules so I'm wondering what my fellow armchair experts think the solution should be? The current rules seem to be set up to try and minimise the subjectivity involved and so that decisions can be more uniform across matches. This has already led to some odd decisions and will only get worse.
Did you see the handball not given against Arsenal the week before ? There’s your subjectivity !

Top Bottom