The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some dreadful football this weekend.
Not being well and the weather being so bad I was glad to see lots of potentially good games on tv. How disappointing.
Even LFC KNOWING they had a golden opportunity could't raise their game.
And I lost 7 quid on my one and only bet:sad:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Some dreadful football this weekend.
Not being well and the weather being so bad I was glad to see lots of potentially good games on tv. How disappointing.
Even LFC KNOWING they had a golden opportunity could't raise their game.
And I lost 7 quid on my one and only bet:sad:
yup we had an awful start to the game. we have had to make so many changes due to injuries to key players at points during the season and during games...i mean matip again at half time yesterday and now losing jota for 6/8 wks.

But we are still joint top and if we can get a run of 10 wins together i think we would be in a golden position, starting with spurs wednesday night

Dave7

Legendary Member
yup we had an awful start to the game. we have had to make so many changes due to injuries to key players at points during the season and during games...i mean matip again at half time yesterday and now losing jota for 6/8 wks.

But we are still joint top and if we can get a run of 10 wins together i think we would be in a golden position, starting with spurs wednesday night
We do seem to buy a lot of good players that are made of glass don't we.
Seriously, with a full squad, we could have this wrapped up.

jowwy

We do seem to buy a lot of good players that are made of glass don't we.
Seriously, with a full squad, we could have this wrapped up.
between matip and kieta, our medical department do seem to be kept busy, oh and the OX too

PaulB

Legendary Member
RIP Gerard Houlier.

He provided me and my eldest with some of our best memories. I particularly remember that marvellous week in 2001 where Liverpool came back from the brink against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final and Michael Owen got the equaliser with a couple of minutes left. We'd have been delighted with that but Owen went one better and got the winner right at the death. I'll always remember the look on Arsene Wenger's face that day. He was right beneath us in our marvellous seats and running up and down like a headless chicken desperate for an answer to an unanswerable question.

Four days later we went to Dortmund to see a magnificent victory in the UEFA Cup. Our seats there were also perfect and my most abiding memory of Gerard Houlier is him being arm-in-arm with his players singing YNWA to us in front of them. That is the only time an English football club has completed its entire fixture list!

I firmly believe that had it not been for that disruptive aortic dissection, he would have taken Liverpool to another league title but suffered from his vascular problems thereafter.

Dave7

Legendary Member
RIP Gerard Houlier.

He provided me and my eldest with some of our best memories. I particularly remember that marvellous week in 2001 where Liverpool came back from the brink against Arsenal in the FA Cup Final and Michael Owen got the equaliser with a couple of minutes left. We'd have been delighted with that but Owen went one better and got the winner right at the death. I'll always remember the look on Arsene Wenger's face that day. He was right beneath us in our marvellous seats and running up and down like a headless chicken desperate for an answer to an unanswerable question.

Four days later we went to Dortmund to see a magnificent victory in the UEFA Cup. Our seats there were also perfect and my most abiding memory of Gerard Houlier is him being arm-in-arm with his players singing YNWA to us in front of them. That is the only time an English football club has completed its entire fixture list!

I firmly believe that had it not been for that disruptive aortic dissection, he would have taken Liverpool to another league title but suffered from his vascular problems thereafter.
Good memories Paul.
You seem to be much like a friend** of mine who still lives on the Wirral. He has an amazing memory for dates/names/stats back to late 50s.
**it was he who got me into LFC early 60s.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea but for some reason I was a Chelsea fan as a young lad :wacko:

SWSteve

Guru

was a amazed how poor Liverpool were in the first half. Fulham pressed well, restricted to crosses that didn’t go anywhere. Mane had a gilt chance and fluffed it before half time.

It reminded me of England under Roy/Sven where there wasn’t that incisive pass against a team who can hold there shape well.

Lose to Villa ( fair result ) beat Chelsea! Why do we put ourselves through it?

jowwy

Milwaukee Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo has signed a contract extension worth a reported $228.2m (£170.1m) - the richest in NBA history.

makes footballers wages look like pocket money - £2.8m a month

Dave7

Legendary Member
@Dave7 How good was we last night and what a result after the fulham game
According to Jose we were lucky and Spurs should have won :wacko:
I don't do Amazon prime so couldn't watch it.
According to reviews we had more possession etc but they had 3 good chances.
I will take it ^_^.

Stephenite

Membå
'pool were very good last night. You wouldn't think they'd have so many injuries if they weren't going on about it all the blummin time.

They were that good I've relented and re-jigged my FPL squad to make space for Salah!

jowwy

According to Jose we were lucky and Spurs should have won :wacko:
I don't do Amazon prime so couldn't watch it.
According to reviews we had more possession etc but they had 3 good chances.
I will take it ^_^.
it should have been all over before the 2nd half started, we created so many chances

they did have 3 good chances in the second half, but we also hit the crossbar in the 2nd half and ultimately scored the winner

i think at one stage we had 86% possession of the ball, 17 chances and 11 on target

were as spurs only actually had 1 chance on target in the whole game, so is it really a chance if you dont hit the target. i mean you cant score if the ball flies 40yrds over the bar, so is it really a chance.....im not so sure

but i loved how maureen cried is eyes out in the interview at the end

Top Bottom