The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Do any Rangers or Liverpool fans think there are any legs to this story or are sports journalists just making up stuff for a slow news week.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/how-purslow-plans-big-aston-villa-changes/

https://sportslens.com/aston-villa-keen-on-rangers-manager-steven-gerrard/345904/

Apparently Chris Purslow is interested in Steven Gerrard taking over Aston Villa in the near future. The questions I ask myself is why would he come to Aston Villa when he walks on water at the moment at Rangers. As one of the articles mentions it's a bit harsh on Dean Smith considering where we were two years ago. Saying that talking with a couple of Brum based Liverpool fans, they have told me Purslow is a ruthless bugger and cares not a fig for sentimentality and think it's entirely reasonable for him to do it.

If we do have a bad run, and it's a big if, Gerrard was to come to Villa, for me, it would just be a stepping stone to Liverpool. I hope this is just lazy journalism and Purslow and the owners give Smith more time to build the team.
There may or may not be truth in it, always difficult to tell with these sort of rumours. On one hand, why wouldn't SG not want to move on to another challenge as you say, now he walks on water for all the Rangers fans. I mean, how is he really going to improve on this season? On the other hand, there could well be a strong challenge from across the city which will only improve us and our chances doing something memorable in Europe. Whatever he decides, he will always be a hero up here but we have always understood where he wants to be and if I'm honest, I never thought it would be straight from Glasgow.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
When I saw it had gone to 3-1 my heart was in my mouth.

Great season though and Moyes has done a fantastic job. To beat Leicester without Rice and Antonio was a great result, though our goal difference should be better than it is.
that chelsea game is going to be a big one in a few weeks......it could be the game that lets liverpool back into the top 4

When I saw it had gone to 3-1 my heart was in my mouth.

Great season though and Moyes has done a fantastic job. To beat Leicester without Rice and Antonio was a great result, though our goal difference should be better than it is.
Don't get me wrong @Smokin Joe it has been a great season.I have to pinch myself when i see the table.Usually at this time of the season we are looking at the bottom end of the table.
Agree about the GD and this could come into play at the end of the season.
Whatever happens it's been a brilliant season and hopefully not a one off.:whistle:
COY⚒

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Don't get me wrong @Smokin Joe it has been a great season.I have to pinch myself when i see the table.Usually at this time of the season we are looking at the bottom end of the table.
Agree about the GD and this could come into play at the end of the season.
Whatever happens it's been a brilliant season and hopefully not a one off.:whistle:
COY⚒

I think Moyes should be seriously considered for the Premier League Manager of the Season award. What he has done is incredible and as a Villa fan I am quite envious but also pleased to see West Ham muscling into the top four

More than likely Guardiola will win it, but I think its more of an achievement what Moyes has done with the limited funds at hand.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
@VelvetUnderpants :okay:
As a villa fan you should be proud of your team.They have played some good football this season.
Thought you were the better team when we played you at the LS.

They have played great football this season, but ever since Grealish has been injured we have been bang average and that worries me, if Grealish leaves at the end of the season that's one hell of player to replace, plus it's more than that, Moyes gets the most out of his team. Smith I feel is still learning the trade and makes some mystifying decisions, for instance against Liverpool he brings on Berkley who has been very poor since his hamstring injury and leaves Davis on the bench who bullied the Fulham defence. don't get me wrong overall it's been a great season, but is Smith on the same level as Moyes or the other managers who have managed the top clubs, I am yet to be convinced.

Only time will tell.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Liverpool fans giving their famously nice, warm, socially distanced welcome to a visiting team I see. Attempting to intimidate the opposition players by bricking the windows of the coach always comes across as classy.

Liverpool fans giving their famously nice, warm, socially distanced welcome to a visiting team I see. Attempting to intimidate the opposition players by bricking the windows of the coach always comes across as classy.
Not seen that story, but thats poor. Had their chances for sure. Too patchy this season Liverpool, when they lost to Fulham last month the writing was on the wall.

PaulB

Legendary Member
A Liverpool 'fan', you mean. This behaviour isn't representative of Liverpool fans at all so no tarring us all with the same brush, please.

Top Bottom