The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
A Liverpool 'fan', you mean. This behaviour isn't representative of Liverpool fans at all so no tarring us all with the same brush, please.

This. There are twattish elements amongst supporters of all football clubs, but they are in the minority.

vickster

Legendary Member
I get that you hate Liverpool but bring this up today?
I don't hate Liverpool :smile: I don't 'hate' any football club, it's just sport (not sure I actually 'hate' anyone or anything except egg mayonnaise :laugh: )

I was posting a link for a prior comment and you said it was one person, there were according to the police 400 fans there, so I hoped that the rest report said individual. I would have added the same if it had been the Porto bus being attacked by Chelsea fans or if Man United fans attack the Grenada bus later

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't hate Liverpool :smile: I don't 'hate' any football club, it's just sport (not sure I actually 'hate' anyone or anything except egg mayonnaise :laugh: )

I was posting a link for a prior comment and you said it was one person, there were according to the police 400 fans there, so I hoped that the rest report said individual. I would have added the same if it had been the Porto bus being attacked by Chelsea fans or if Man United fans attack the Grenada bus later

Yeah. There are plenty of clubs which I dislike, but hate? No. Hate is a strange and unhelpful feeling which gets nobody anywhere IMO.

Chislenko

Veteran
Cracking 5-2 win for Albion Rovers today at Elgin City.

Survival almost guaranteed for another year.

Quite how they will fair when all the loan players go back to parent clubs is another matter.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Great result for the famous this afternoon.

What a season. :cheers:
No idea who "the famous" are but if its Rangers.....well done.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is something that would completely end football attendance for me. Once the Americans get ideas even discussed, it's time to re-evaluate what it is that compels you to go and watch it. This would end it completely for me. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html
I'd just copied a link from the Guardian to post the same story. I feel exactly the same as you (And nearly all genuine fans) that it is a horrible idea.

If it does happen, I hope the EPL and the EFL tell the departing clubs, "Off you go then, but if it doesn't work and you want to come back you'll have to start in a Sunday league and work your way up".

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'd just copied a link from the Guardian to post the same story. I feel exactly the same as you (And nearly all genuine fans) that it is a horrible idea.

If it does happen, I hope the EPL and the EFL tell the departing clubs, "Off you go then, but if it doesn't work and you want to come back you'll have to start in a Sunday league and work your way up".
Gary Neville may not be everyone's favourite but he's certainly done his reputation no harm at all by coming out early on in his condemnation of this suicidal idea.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

FIFA and UEFA appear to be saying that players will no longer be eligible for other competitions. So no World Cups for any of the players. And those 12 clubs will make up the bulk of most national teams.
It’s interesting that German and French teams haven’t signed up.

Personally, I have long since lost interest in top flight football. Now, I prefer to go and watch local league teams. It's not football at a superhuman level, but the lads are all doing their best, the coffee's not expensive and I feel like the clubs actually appreciate fans turning up and paying to watch. And matches aren't scheduled to start at times which are convenient for TV coverage in Singapore or Dubai.....

If this new super league ever gets off the ground, I wouldn't care if the clubs and all their players got slung out of all domestic and official European leagues and Cup competitions. In fact, that is what I would like to see happen if the super league goes ahead.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Question about this European Super League. Will the 'big six' and those 'elite clubs' in Europe quit their Premier Leagues to join it. Or will these 'elite' clubs' carry on playing in their own top flights and have this as another competition?

Top Bottom