The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
If Chelsea win it comes down to goal difference. Assuming Leicester win their other game of course.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rr88Szc5q0

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
With the title and relegation all sorted out the race for top 4 suddenly becomes very important.
Having the crucial Chelsea Leicester game so soon after the FA cup is a master stroke of luck.
That injury time GK goal makes Liverpool favourites in my opinion.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes......I thought that.
So......
A Leicester win or a draw is required ???
If Liverpool win both games, they'll be on 69 points. It's impossible for both Leicester and Chelsea to reach that total. Leicester also have a superior goal difference at present. If Leicester and Liverpool end equal on points and GD, it would be the head to head record, which thanks to the Liverpool goal at the King Power, would favour them.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
If Liverpool win both games, they'll be on 69 points. It's impossible for both Leicester and Chelsea to reach that total. Leicester also have a superior goal difference at present. If Leicester and Liverpool end equal on points and GD, it would be the head to head record, which thanks to the Liverpool goal at the King Power, would favour them.
Leicester is equal with Liverpool on goal difference? And if Liverpool win both remaining games (Burnley and Crystal Palace, neither with any motivation to win) and Leicester lose against Chelsea, it would take a mighty win against Tottenham to keep pace.

I'm scared. I'm not really a Leicester fan, only having been to The Walkers / King Power stadium to watch rugby, but plenty of those I went to school with would go to every home match dreaming the 'impossible' dream of a run like they have had in the last 6 years. But Chelsea have the squad and the motivation to come back stronger tonight. Best I can hope for is a draw, which would be of no benefit at all to Chelsea.

But you never know.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Me too, and very pleased Leicester won. A proper club with a decent owner

Every football club thinks it has something special, but Leicester have a truely wonderful owner, and a successful run buit on the sort of team spirit that all clubs eagerly desire. Both Khun Top and his Dad turn/ed up regularly to matches and care(d) about their adopted city. You won't hear a bad word said about that family across the city. Unlike some clubs.

And certainly through Claudio Ranieri, and to less of an extent, Rogers, they have had managers that have achieved success with this club that is out of proportion to all previous clubs they have managed, and won titles that Leicester have never won before.

All happened following a King being dug up from underneath a council car park. So if you want your club to have the success that Leicester have had, you know what to do. GET DIGGING!!!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
same GD as Liverpool and 1 less than chelsea........how is that superior??

1621321181214.png

Scaleyback

Veteran
As previously posted, I am Leicestershire born and have always supported the fox's.
Yes, the owners are superb, not just within the club but have funded hospital improvements within the city for £millions.

Don't discount Liverpool dropping points, especially against Burnley. They (Burnley) will have fans back for the Liverpool match. Also after the beating Leeds have just given them ! Sean Dyche will likely get them highly motivated.

jowwy

As previously posted, I am Leicestershire born and have always supported the fox's.
Yes, the owners are superb, not just within the club but have funded hospital improvements within the city for £millions.

Don't discount Liverpool dropping points, especially against Burnley. They (Burnley) will have fans back for the Liverpool match. Also after the beating Leeds have just given them ! Sean Dyche will likely get them highly motivated.
if liecester win and liverpool draw.....then liverpool will go fourth on goal difference over chelsea, if liecester win by more than 2 goals

Scaleyback

Veteran
if liecester win and liverpool draw.....then liverpool will go fourth on goal difference over chelsea, if liecester win by more than 2 goals

Sadly (call me a defeatist) I think Chelsea will win tonights match. They have tremendous strength in depth and will be able to play a largely 'rested' team. The Fox's will mainly be relying on the 11 who started the Cup final I think (minus Johnny Evans)

Leicester is equal with Liverpool on goal difference? And if Liverpool win both remaining games (Burnley and Crystal Palace, neither with any motivation to win) and Leicester lose against Chelsea, it would take a mighty win against Tottenham to keep pace.

I'm scared. I'm not really a Leicester fan, only having been to The Walkers / King Power stadium to watch rugby, but plenty of those I went to school with would go to every home match dreaming the 'impossible' dream of a run like they have had in the last 6 years. But Chelsea have the squad and the motivation to come back stronger tonight. Best I can hope for is a draw, which would be of no benefit at all to Chelsea.

But you never know.
I honestly wouldn't write off Burnley or Palace beating L'pool.

GetFatty

Über Member
I bet a lot of us have watched much more footy in this 20/21 season ... who has impressed you the most? West Ham and Leeds for me, been great to watch. :okay:
The two seasons have merged into one so not sure exactly when he joined but when he's not injured, James has been a fantastic addition to Everton

jowwy

Sadly (call me a defeatist) I think Chelsea will win tonights match. They have tremendous strength in depth and will be able to play a largely 'rested' team. The Fox's will mainly be relying on the 11 who started the Cup final I think (minus Johnny Evans)
That would leave liecester needing to beat spurs on the last day of the season….and overhauling whatever goal difference liverpool may build up, if they beat burnley and palace

Top Bottom