The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

If Chelsea win it comes down to goal difference. Assuming Leicester win their other game of course.
And Liverpool win their remaining 2 of course.

yello

Whatever happens on Sunday we have the FA cup and have had a great season.

Indeed. All Leicester fans should think that way. Leicester have had an excellent season and the FA Cup tops it off.

They've been top 4 all season and as Sunday looms, it's now getting tight. But, like the breakaway in cycling, they've plugged away doing their own thing as the amassed ranks of the big clubs gain on them. Into the last km, anything can happen. Leicester might just get to finish line ahead of the peleton (OK, I've over extended the metaphor there! ;) )

Scaleyback

Veteran
Indeed. All Leicester fans should think that way. Leicester have had an excellent season and the FA Cup tops it off.

They've been top 4 all season and as Sunday looms, it's now getting tight. But, like the breakaway in cycling, they've plugged away doing their own thing as the amassed ranks of the big clubs gain on them. Into the last km, anything can happen. Leicester might just get to finish line ahead of the peleton (OK, I've over extended the metaphor there! ;) )

Great post, I love the metaphors.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That result is huge for liverpools goal difference…..+4 on leicester now

but i can see a leicester, liverpool win and a chelsea draw…….which would put the scousers 3rd and leicester 4th

Dave7

Legendary Member

but i can see a leicester, liverpool win and a chelsea draw…….which would put the scousers 3rd and leicester 4th
An interesting, exciting and for some fans heartbreaking last day.
Yesterday I would have given Leicester little chance against Spurs but their heads have really dropped.
I can't see anything but a Lpool win against Palace (but I have bee wrong before :wacko:)

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)

Meaning Leicester have to put at least 5 past Tottenham now. Liverpool's goal difference is only going to increase when they win on Sunday.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Meaning Leicester have to put at least 5 past Tottenham now. Liverpool's goal difference is only going to increase when they win on Sunday.
IF IF IF they win.
I believe they will but this season.....we never know from game to game.

Scaleyback

Veteran
IF IF IF they win.
I believe they will but this season.....we never know from game to game.

I think even the most ardent Leicester supporter knows that putting 5 past Spurs is not going to happen. Maybe when Vardy was in his prime ?
Sadly (imo) Jamie Vardy, who is destined to be a Leicester legend is now 'past it'. It is not just that the goals have 'dried up' watching him over the last few months has been painful ? His 'touch' has deserted him. His 'extra' pace has gone, he cannot run past defenders now and consequently plays closer to the last defender and starts his runs earlier to gain any advantage. I read where Werner of Chelsea (who also relies on pace) has been caught offside 41 times (the most) and Jamie Vardy one back at 40 offsides.
I do not understand how Vardy can start against Chelsea the other night while Iheanacho was on the bench. Iheanacho has scored 16 times
in 2021 while Vardy has scored 2. Iheanacho comes on as a sub and scores !
I have a lot of time for Brendon Rogers but he has flaws (imo) he is the type of manager who hugs his players a lot and constantly praises them.
No bad thing maybe but I fear he struggles with the difficult decisions. Starting Jamie Vardy on the bench is one such decision. The beginning of the end for Claude Poel at Leicester was not playing Vardy. He, Vardy is a 'big' personality in the Leicester dressing room and the manager(s) need him 'onside' This again (imo) is the reason Leicester have not recruited another striker during the last couple of years. Only in 2021 has Iheanacho 'come good' If Leicester bought another 'pricey' striker they couldn't leave him on the bench all the time and Vardy would have to share 'bench time' One of those 'difficult decisions' for Brendon Rodgers.
Don't get me wrong, I think Rodgers and Leicester are doing a great job, but we can always improve . . . yes ? ^_^

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Given the way that football goes, look forward to Aston Villa putting a couple of early goals past Chelsea, Leicester conceding an early goal but then pulling it back to 1-1 against Tottenham late in the second half, and then conceding a last minute goal whilst pushing for a winner. And then Chelsea squeezing a draw/win at the end, just to rub salt into the wounds.

yello

Leicester's best chance is Villa doing them a favour. No way will Leicester get 4+ goals past Spurs. And Liverpool will beat Palace.

Last edited:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Being a cyclist means clothes you bought thirty years ago still fit.

Mon the Saints :hyper:

Top Bottom