The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thank you Spurs - never thought I'd say that.

Crap play by us today.

Regrettable late winners by us today.

Regrettable because it puts us in the daft European Conference which means up to 17 pointless European midweek games.

At present, we don't have the squad or stable management for that.

Twos each would have been ideal, honour satisfied but no third rate European competition.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Regrettable late winners by us today.

Regrettable because it puts us in the daft European Conference which means up to 17 pointless European midweek games.

At present, we don't have the squad or stable management for that.

Twos each would have been ideal, honour satisfied but no third rate European competition.

It is strange how we haven't taken to the Europa over here.

Big on the Continent and very hard to win.

I think it's worth going for especially with the possible route into the CL the following year.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Boom……i think i predicted a few months ago that liverpool would qualify for the CL.

Last 10 games as been better with only the two draws against leeds and newcatle when leading, causing the anxiety of a last day fight for top 4

its been a tough season……roll on the next ⚽⚽⚽

yello

Thank you to Villa. You played your part. Shame Leicester didn't fulfil their side. Even though it's been a good season, it's hard to not feel disappointed (understatement). Poor results at strategic times, I'm at a loss to explain. I feel gutted in honesty.

Like @Pale Rider says, European competition when you don't have a decent squad is just an overhead you could do without. You accept it for Champions League because of the money but these other competitions just feel like games for the sake of it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

yello

We've managed to qualify for the new European Conference which I don't think gives the winner entry into anything.

Eurovision. I look forward to Spurs' entry in the 2022 competition!

AndyRM

XOXO
I quite enjoyed the ebb and flow of the top 4 decider yesterday, mostly because I genuinely didn't care who made it. I do wish MOTD hadn't mixed up the matches though, a stupid format.

Tonight is an entirely different matter. Killie go into the second leg of the relegation play-off 2-1 down against Dundee. It's our second relegation play-off in 5 years and we thoroughly deserve to be where we are. We were in a similar position against Falkirk last time around, but had a far better side and ran away with it in the end.

Steve Clarke glory years aside we've been heading downhill since; personally I think the problem lies in trying to re-create those heady days (bringing back Broadfoot and Mulumbu, sticking with a clearly done Dicker), only with litany of misguided/poor management decisions.

24 years ago today we won the Scottish Cup, I'm hoping that's a good omen (although we came close to relegation that season too), but I'm not confident.

Slick

Guru
I quite enjoyed the ebb and flow of the top 4 decider yesterday, mostly because I genuinely didn't care who made it. I do wish MOTD hadn't mixed up the matches though, a stupid format.

Tonight is an entirely different matter. Killie go into the second leg of the relegation play-off 2-1 down against Dundee. It's our second relegation play-off in 5 years and we thoroughly deserve to be where we are. We were in a similar position against Falkirk last time around, but had a far better side and ran away with it in the end.

Steve Clarke glory years aside we've been heading downhill since; personally I think the problem lies in trying to re-create those heady days (bringing back Broadfoot and Mulumbu, sticking with a clearly done Dicker), only with litany of misguided/poor management decisions.

24 years ago today we won the Scottish Cup, I'm hoping that's a good omen (although we came close to relegation that season too), but I'm not confident.
I'm not overly confident about who will come through tonight either and reckon you boys are only around 60/40 slight favourites but only if they are up for the challenge.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not overly confident about who will come through tonight either and reckon you boys are only around 60/40 slight favourites but only if they are up for the challenge.

It's all about the first goal, which is true of a lot of games but we've already a deficit and if we end up having to chase it even harder I think we'll be in big trouble. If we were already 2 down I think we'd be finished.

Top Bottom