The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Congrats to Moyes and the lads for a great very unexpected season.
I never thought we would make CL but happy to be in the Europa league even though it will mean "Spursdays":ohmy:
The Europa League can be a bit of a poison challis without a strong squad, loads of extra games to fit in. Still, onwards and upwards.

What the hell is this Europa Conference thing? I hadn't heard about it till last week when someone on an online column said Spurs looked like being in the Conference next season. I honestly honestly thought they were taking the piss, referring to the old name for England's fifth tier.

Slick

Guru
It's all about the first goal, which is true of a lot of games but we've already a deficit and if we end up having to chase it even harder I think we'll be in big trouble. If we were already 2 down I think we'd be finished.
I'm looking forward to it which is easy to say when it isn't your team. Hopefully a good game which is exactly what I'm expecting.

Slick

Guru
It's all about the first goal, which is true of a lot of games but we've already a deficit and if we end up having to chase it even harder I think we'll be in big trouble. If we were already 2 down I think we'd be finished.
I take it back, I haven't seen much of Kilmarnock this season and now I know why. I really thought that your signings would have been enough to keep you up.

Seevio

Guru
Apparently Liverpool finished 3rd

pretty good compared how they were looking earlier this year

I mean - CLEARLY then should be top - but 'yea Gods' they were rubbish early on!!!
Liverpool were top after the first third of the season. If that was rubbish I look forward to learning some new words when you describe the second third.

Dave7

Legendary Member
What a way to finish! To stay on the bench by choice, come on with 25 minutes to go, equal Wayne Rooney's longstanding record of 183 goals for one club, then score again! And both goals absolute beauties. Beat that for a finale!
Yes.......as an LFC fan I take my hat off to him. A nice guy and what a player.

pjd57

Veteran

25/05/1967

Top Bottom