The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Being a cyclist means clothes you bought thirty years ago still fit.

View attachment 589956

Mon the Saints :hyper:
You and @Mo1959 must be very happy this afternoon! Great to see one of the non OF teams in the limelight for a change, and for all the right reasons. Great work by the team, manager, and owners. If I lived up that way I would be a proud supporter. Well done St. Johnstone! 😃😃

Mo1959

Legendary Member
You and @Mo1959 must be very happy this afternoon! Great to see one of the non OF teams in the limelight for a change, and for all the right reasons. Great work by the team, manager, and owners. If I lived up that way I would be a proud supporter. Well done St. Johnstone! 😃😃
I’m still wiping away the tears! 5th in the league and both cups. Such a shame they had to do it in empty stadia.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I’m still wiping away the tears! 5th in the league and both cups. Such a shame they had to do it in empty stadia.
Watching the after match interviews on BBC; each one of your players have been a credit to the club. They come across as a bunch of regular guys, rightly proud of what they have done. As you say, a real shame that the fans couldn't be there to enjoy the occasion. There's always next year! :cheers:. It has been strange watching ANY games this year without a crowd, but a cup final with no supporters was downright weird.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Lincoln City hold on against Sunderland; will meet Blackpool at Wembley to decide who goes up to the Championship! Are the Imps ready for it?

Mr Celine

Discordian
Watching the after match interviews on BBC; each one of your players have been a credit to the club. They come across as a bunch of regular guys, rightly proud of what they have done. As you say, a real shame that the fans couldn't be there to enjoy the occasion. There's always next year! :cheers:. It has been strange watching ANY games this year without a crowd, but a cup final with no supporters was downright weird.
And the last time we won the cup it wasn't at Hampden.

My smart watch showed my heart rate as 95 during injury time. I should be riding up a hill not sitting on a sofa for it to be that high.

Scaleyback

Veteran
The new manager will probably need to speak Portuguese. ?

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
It's going to be an emotional day today for any Wolves fan, our beloved and best Manager for Decades is leaving the club after today's game. I hope whatever has prompted this the owners continue to support the club and seek an alternative to match Nuno.

I'll be one of 4500 fans thanking him for all the great memories he's given us over the last 4 seasons.

Nuno is certainly going to be a hard act to follow, I think he has done a brilliant job at Wolves. I have read he was finding it hard not seeing his family over the lockdown who were in Portugal, understandable if true. I wouldnt be surprised if Spurs make him an offer, even if he does want a break.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I will be one of 10,000 going to Villa Park for the first time since February of last year, in fact the last time I watched them play was at Wembley when we lost to Man City.

Its going to be a real challenge to beat Chelsea who are flying at the moment, but if we play like we did against Spurs we have a chance. It may also be the last time I see Grealish play in Claret and Blue, I hope not, but a massive offer from Man City and he may be off.

UTV

yello

I quite liked the way Nuno got Wolves playing up to maybe 2 seasons back. They became a bit shithouse last season but I think that's kinda understandable - the pressure to get results when they'd lost key players.

Elsewhere, is it to be an end of season party today? Teams on the beach etc already? Odd one innit this season. Still places to play for for some teams but it'll be interesting to see how the players respond. I could understand those just wanting to draw the curtains and call time, have a break and start over next season.

yello

Its going to be a real challenge to beat Chelsea who are flying at the moment, but if we play like we did against Spurs we have a chance.

Best of luck! As a Leicester fan, I hope you do us a favour!! It's great to have at least some people back in stadiums, and they could make a difference today. I reckon Grealish could be up for it today too, get behind him and help him cement his England place ;)

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Best of luck! As a Leicester fan, I hope you do us a favour!! It's great to have at least some people back in stadiums, and they could make a difference today. I reckon Grealish could be up for it today too, get behind him and help him cement his England place ;)

Thanks.

I think Grealish will be up for it, he will want to show he is match fit and ready for the Euros.

The guy is genuinely world class, the best Villa player in many a year.

As long as we give them a game I am happy.

I hope all goes well for Leicester, my favourite side as a neutral.

Top Bottom