The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
That's a fairly wild way of looking at things, but I kind of get where you're coming from. Although England did lose a football match.
The match you refer to ended in a 1-1 draw and that is how it will be recorded. England did not lose the match.

Before penalties were used on the day, finals ending in a draw after extra time were decided by a replay and I went to the very last FA Cup final decided this way in 1993 (Arsenal v Sheffield Wednesday). The result of the Saturday final was recorded as a draw with Arsenal going on to win the cup five days later in a replay which went to extra time.

In 1968, Italy won the European Championship after progressing from the semis on the back of a coin toss after drawing with the USSR.

The match itself was recorded as a draw with the coin toss happening in the dressing room.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
What you dont get is this…….during these posts many people on here have condemned the rascists comments towards english footballers after last nights game….

but at the same time they have called me a paranoid, drug taking, wannabe bandwagoner, who lives in a less fashionable place…..ive also been called a sheep shagger, amongst other things.
You pretty much came her to rile the English. It's not like you came here to offer commiserations now is it? You came off as arrogant yourself, bitter and maybe even confrontational. It is hardly surprising that you received some back. In saying that, the racism that some of the English players have had to experience in no way compares to what you have had in the little world of Cycle Chat. Quite bizarre how you're continuing to conduct yourself...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You pretty much came her to rile the English. It's not like you came here to offer commiserations now is it? You came off as arrogant yourself, bitter and maybe even confrontational. It is hardly surprising that you received some back. In saying that, the racism that some of the English players have had to experience in no way compares to what you have had in the little world of Cycle Chat. Quite bizarre how you're continuing to conduct yourself...
No i came here to talk football……..not to be abused by people who say they are not rascists, not arrogant, not confrontational and are just lowley old cyclists with an opinion.

and racism is racism, no matter how big or small…….

quite bizzare how many still on here conduct themselves

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
they have called me a paranoid, drug taking, wannabe bandwagoner, who lives in a less fashionable place…..ive also been called a sheep shagger, amongst other things.

If you feel any posts are outside of cyclechat guidance, please report them to @Moderators and accept their decision.

If you don't, please stop whining.

Lovacott

Über Member
I mean, I admire your fortitude in ploughing that particular furrow, but... well... Italy won the Euros and we didn't.
I don't deny that Italy won the competition, but the simple fact is, England are currently on a ten match unbeaten run in European competition having not lost a match in this series.

jowwy

I don't deny that Italy won the competition, but the simple fact is, England are currently on a ten match unbeaten run in European competition having not lost a match in this series.
They lost the final on penalties……….it counts as a loss

jowwy

If you feel any posts are outside of cyclechat guidance, please report them to @Moderators and accept their decision.

If you don't, please stop whining.
I dont have the time or the inclination to report every post……doesnt mean i have to accept bullying and racism from members of this forum. But its quite obvious that you think its ok.

dodgy

1626113669783.png

jowwy

Oh give over ffs. You're not being bullied or being racially abused. You demean those that are actually suffering such.
So you dont think being called a paranoid drug taker and stereotyoed as a sheep shagger is either bullying or racist towards myself and welsh people………..

Top Bottom