The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You are trying to be clever by claiming that I stated that England won something or didn't lose the competition?

Putting words into the mouths of others is the work of a troll.

Simple fact is, I was only stating that England did not lose a match and this is a positive going forward and will boost our world ranking and seeding in future competition.

You said that it's a simple fact that England didn't lose a football game last night, when all the evidence suggests otherwise. You're mixing up stats with how the game is decided.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
if thats what you call gentle mocking………then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and think long and hard aboit what type of person you really are.

i also believe the member that called me a sheep shagger was reported and his post removed, i also believe that the posts calling scotsmen and women ”Sweaties” was also removed and members banned for saying those things……….

Again, I very much encourage you to report any post, including, no, *especially* mine which you feel breach cyclechat guidance.

You could have done it at least a dozen times in the time it's taken you to write multiple posts fictionalising a narrative of victimhood.

roubaixtuesday

mouthy keyboard warriors

1626116752326.png

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Many English here may not understand what being part of a dominant culture means. Can you begin to understand how irritating it is to have England-branded Mars bars in Scottish shops when England qualify for a finals? Or for the local Asda in Elgin to have massive floor displays of England football shirts together with St George's Cross bunting and point of sale? For the national and notionally British broadcaster to spend 45 minutes of the preamble to Italy v Spain talking about England or to be bombarded by emails for months from businesses online with "It's Coming Home" offers. To be subjected to the constant nationalistic and xenophobic media at every turn exorting us to support England as if it's un-British not to do so?

Let's not even go there with politics where the Scots are completely disenfranchised - we voted to stay in the EU, England voted to leave.

Can you understand how Muslims feel when they're told fitting in with British culture means dressing a certain way, eating certain foods (our obsession with bacon is almost a cult), observing our religious festivals and so on? That's the reality of being a minority in an English majority UK where the media slavishly follows a jingoistic English line.

Think that one through, show a little empathy and you might start to comprehend where the mild ribbing handed out here comes from.

Sheep shagger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

View attachment 598847
Sheep
Sheep-shagger (also spelt sheepshagger or sheep shagger) is a derogatory term, most often used to refer to Welsh people implying that the subject has sex with sheep.[1] In a court case in Britain, the use of the term directed at a Welsh person was ruled to be a "racially aggravating" factor in a disorderly conduct offence.[2] It is also used in South Africa to refer to Australians and by Australians to refer to New Zealanders.[3]

Court case[edit]
In Prestatyn, Wales, the phrase was the subject of a 2013 court case, after Anthony Taaffe of Bolton, Greater Manchester, England, a guest at a holiday park in Gronant, called an off-duty policeman and security staff "a bunch of sheep-shaggers". Taaffe claimed, in his defence, that the phrase was "a term for people living in the countryside". He also admitted a second similar offence, in which he called a police officer, at the custody unit to which he had been taken, a "Welsh sheep shagger". Taaffe was fined £150 after he admitted racially aggravated disorderly behaviour.[2][14]

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Isn't that stereotyping people, are all English people arrogant?
You will notice i stated arrongant football fans….so if your an english football, the yes the italians called yiu all arrogant……i was just quoting what they said

jowwy

Again, I very much encourage you to report any post, including, no, *especially* mine which you feel breach cyclechat guidance.

You could have done it at least a dozen times in the time it's taken you to write multiple posts fictionalising a narrative of victimhood.
Theres no fictionalising here, everyone can read what you typed for themselves and make uo their own minds on what they read………ive already made mine up.

have a good night

Brandane

Legendary Member
i also believe that the posts calling scotsmen and women ”Sweaties” was also removed and members banned for saying those things……….
As a proud "sweatie" I would just like to add that it doesn't offend me; it's only rhyming slang for Jock, a traditional Scottish name (usually an alternative to John) worn with pride by many good people that I know of.
Normal service resuming here; and back to the non wind-uppery avatars. Have enjoyed my time on this thread through the Euros, especially last night and this morning - it's been a laugh but getting a bit political now. Some poor admin is going to have their work cut out! Sorry if I sailed a bit close to the wind at times with the sensitivities of a few overly serious types :rolleyes:; thanks for the banter with the rest. So until next year in Qatar, if you lot qualify; :hello:...

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

the italians called yiu all arrogant……i was just quoting what they said

You're claiming you were just quoting Italians? I mean, that's really, really weak.

Let's see:

what you mean england havent qualified yet.....they have already won the World Cup in Qatar 2022, they just have to show up, thats how arrogant their fans are

Looks like the dog ate your Italian quote Jowwy.

jowwy

So who DID you support 40 years ago and who weren’t making headlines?
Everyone knows Liverpool dominated domestic and European football at that time: bit more prestigious than Barry Town FC!
I was 5yrs old and watched a liverpool game live on the bbc and liked tyen from that moment on….as a 5yr old i was not aware of their european dominance or league dominance of that fact. I also did not know who or were barry town fc was, as again i was only 5yrs old And live in the welsh valleys. But if you knew those things at 5 then all power to you fella

Top Bottom