The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
Should heading the ball be banned? It would certainly alter the way the game is played and more or less eliminate any advantage of getting a corner. Any such ban would probably need a tweek or three to the laws of the game to keep the same level of excitement.
Modern footballs are nothing but party balloons compared to the medicine balls of old.

A club not without their own chequered history.

Also what @vickster said. Sure, the amount of money is ridiculous, as is his likely salary, but you can hardly blame the guy.
WTF?

Chequered history?

I don't blame the the fella for taking what he can, he's still a cheating, diving tosspot.

Lovacott

Über Member
Why’s he a cock? He’s spent a lot of years at one club.
I go to football and the mindset of the average attending supporter has changed and they now accept that players have a limited time frame in which to earn a living from their craft. Nobody hates them for moving to get a better deal.

I was at the Emirates when Giroud played for Chelsea against the Arsenal for the first time after his transfer. He was clapped onto the pitch by the Arsenal support and his name was sung at the end of the match.

The whole idea of players and supporters from opposite teams hating each other is juvenile and antiquated.

This Olympic games has shown that mutual respect and competition can go hand in hand. The skateboarding, surfing and BMX were a lesson in friendly rivalry.

vickster

Legendary Member
I go to football and the mindset of the average attending supporter has changed and they now accept that players have a limited time frame in which to earn a living from their craft. Nobody hates them for moving to get a better deal.

I was at the Emirates when Giroud played for Chelsea against the Arsenal for the first time after his transfer. He was clapped onto the pitch by the Arsenal support and his name was sung at the end of the match.

The whole idea of players and supporters from opposite teams hating each other is juvenile and antiquated.

This Olympic games has shown that mutual respect and competition can go hand in hand. The skateboarding, surfing and BMX were a lesson in friendly rivalry.
While some of the behaviour of the England supporters at the Euros showed the opposite (a friend of mine went to the final with his Israeil boss who got a load of threatening abuse because the thickos thought he must be Italian :wacko: )

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I am actually quite happy that Grealish has moved, Villa have done outstanding business from his transfer. With the hundred million, we have and are buying in better players to make us a better balanced side. In the past we was way to reliant on him, which was proven when he was injured last season.

As for the tiresome digs about his alleged diving from mainly Birmingham City, Baggies and Wolves fans, how many times has he been booked for diving.

The abuse he has recieved from some Villa fans is quite shameful, he has been with the club since he was six and his contribution in getting us promoted back into the Prem and Keeping us up has been enormous, he is easily the most talented Villa player I have seen play in the 44 years I have been supporting them, I hope he makes a success of his move so long as he has a howler every time plays at Villa Park.

Lovacott

Über Member
While some of the behaviour of the England supporters at the Euros showed the opposite (a friend of mine went to the final with his Israeil boss who got a load of threatening abuse because the thickos thought he must be Italian :wacko: )
I'd question the word "supporter" when it comes to the Euro Final.

I'm a member of the "England Travel Club" and I don't know a single member who would try to gate crash a match. It's an instant life ban for starters.

The ferals who crashed Wembley last month were just that. Ferals.

Out of the 40 or so Engand game regulars I know, only one of them got a semi final ticket and none of them got a finals ticket. That's what you get for going to all of the qualifiers. Bugger all.

Ed Sheeran and some instagrammers with inflated lips got in though.

vickster

Legendary Member

I'm a member of the "England Travel Club" and I don't know a single member who would try to gate crash a match. It's an instant life ban for starters.

Out of the 40 or so Engand game regulars I know, only one of them got a semi final ticket and none of them got a finals ticket. That's what you get for going to all of the qualifiers. Bugger all.

eh, those were people with tickets. Not gatecrashers

Lovacott

Über Member
eh, those were people with tickets
How would you know if they had tickets or not?

Wolves' association with Jorge Mendes is pretty questionable IMO.
Is it?
A club not without their own chequered history.

Also what @vickster said. Sure, the amount of money is ridiculous, as is his likely salary, but you can hardly blame the guy.
Can't see the connection?

Grealish is a known diver and blatant cheat, not saying most players aren't, and a club who has a connection with a famous agent?

We finished 13th last season so hardly blew anyone's socks off!

One lad I know got a ticket, thats all.

AndyRM

XOXO
Is it?
Can't see the connection?

Grealish is a known diver and blatant cheat, not saying most players aren't, and a club who has a connection with a famous agent?

We finished 13th last season so hardly blew anyone's socks off!

Mendes is shifty as anything IMO.

As for Grealish, he gets kicked to bits regularly. I can only think of one outrageously blatant dive (against West Ham); even then he was kicked but went down very theatrically.

Simulation is nothing new in any case, getting worked up about it has always seemed a bit ridiculous - all players are at it.

Mendes is shifty as anything IMO.

As for Grealish, he gets kicked to bits regularly. I can only think of one outrageously blatant dive (against West Ham); even then he was kicked but went down very theatrically.

Simulation is nothing new in any case, getting worked up about it has always seemed a bit ridiculous - all players are at it.
I know what you're saying but apart from just wanting to 'have a pop' what does me think Grealish is a cheat and you thinking Mendes is dodgy have to do with anything?

If you turned round and said " how about Jimenez then, he's always diving" I could understand.

I don't mind you having a dig but at least get it in context.

As for getting fouled, Traore is always on the receiving end.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I know what you're saying but apart from just wanting to 'have a pop' what does me think Grealish is a cheat and you thinking Mendes is dodgy have to do with anything?

If you turned round and said " how about Jimenez then, he's always diving" I could understand.

I don't mind you having a dig but at least get it in context.

As for getting fouled, Traore is always on the receiving end.

Well, nothing, it's just random football chat innit? Ultimately of no consequence whatsoever.

Top Bottom