The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1-0 to Leicester, oh well!

Thought we deserved something from the 2nd half but no, Traore should have put us one up earlier on but fluffed it.

Spurs next then Man U, can't see us getting much from those 2 games either.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I see pep is on the news again defending the purchase of grealish and stating, they could only buy grealish because they made 60m in sales, but what about the 100m over spend last season, along with the 45m extra to purchase grealish and what excuse would he use if they buy kane, as many think they will for 125m plus add ons???

man city in the transfer market

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city/alletransfers/verein/281

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Not a good time for Spurs to remind Man City they need a striker :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Good first weekend, that. One very positive thing is the relegation of the over-reliance on destroyer-in-chief, VAR and allowing the referee to make decisions as he sees them. Oh, and the reappearance of the very essence of football - crowds. It's great to be allowed back.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not a good time for Spurs to remind Man City they need a striker :smile:

It's always a good time for Spurs to remind Man City they need a striker.

One of our better games in recent seasons.

We also injected some interest into the opening weekend.

Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man U all easily wiped up lesser opposition.

Had Man City done the same, the Premier League would look even more samey and predictable than it does at present.

Lovacott

Über Member
Good first weekend, that. One very positive thing is the relegation of the over-reliance on destroyer-in-chief, VAR and allowing the referee to make decisions as he sees them. Oh, and the reappearance of the very essence of football - crowds. It's great to be allowed back.
I'm going to the Arsenal v Norwich match on 11th September.

It's been 18 months since I last went and I wonder how many of the local businesses who relied on the football will have survived?

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm going to the Arsenal v Norwich match on 11th September.

It's been 18 months since I last went and I wonder how many of the local businesses who relied on the football will have survived?
All of the ones around Anfield have apparently survived. Anything to do with food - still there. All pubs in the L4 postcode, still there - apart from one that was going to close anyway. All the 'hats, scarves AND yer badges' brigade, despite the promise being made by the club itself these chancers would be done away with, are still there. All the 'can I mind yer car, mister?' lot, proliferated as the official parking lots charges have gone above £10. All seen at the two pre-season friendlies.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Sky has a hack on Kane watch outside our training ground.

Apparently he sauntered in about 11am, and may even be prepared to kick a ball around for an hour or two.

Jolly good effort for an employee who is only on about £100,000 a week.

As the manager said, we are lucky to have him.

Top Bottom