The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Sky has a hack on Kane watch outside our training ground.

Apparently he sauntered in about 11am, and may even be prepared to kick a ball around for an hour or two.

Jolly good effort for an employee who is only on about £100,000 a week.

As the manager said, we are lucky to have him.
annual salary of 10.4m a year.......base salary that is, without add ons and sponsors

so 200k a week less taxes.....or not, whatever is financial advisor has set-up for him to defer some of those

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
annual salary of 10.4m a year.......base salary that is, without add ons and sponsors

so 200k a week less taxes.....or not, whatever is financial advisor has set-up for him to defer some of those

I'm surprised it's that much, given that we are not known to be big payers - in context.

No doubt Kane will see Messi on £1m a week and think he is being grievously underpaid at only £200,000.

I reckon it almost inevitable City will get their man.

At least we have the cash flow to buy a replacement before getting the Kane money in, which means we can push his transfer to deadline day if it means squeezing a few extra shillings out of the sheikh.

jowwy

I'm surprised it's that much, given that we are not known to be big payers - in context.

No doubt Kane will see Messi on £1m a week and think he is being grievously underpaid at only £200,000.

I reckon it almost inevitable City will get their man.

At least we have the cash flow to buy a replacement before getting the Kane money in, which means we can push his transfer to deadline day if it means squeezing a few extra shillings out of the sheikh.
he is one of the highest paid english players in the premier league with only raheem sterling, jack grealish and john stones above him.....he's never going to earn messi type salary in the premier league, not even de bryune earns anywhere near that and he is seen as THE best player in the premier league....

even Mo Salah who has won the golden boot in 2 of the last 3 seasons is only on 200k same as kane....( i say only, but tbf its huge wages and far more than any footballer should earn)

Scaleyback

Veteran
even Mo Salah who has won the golden boot in 2 of the last 3 seasons is only on 200k same as kane....( i say only, but tbf its huge wages and far more than any footballer should earn)

I think most folk would also disapprove of footballers wages . . . but those same folk given the opportunity wouldn't refuse the salary. Only when the ordinary fans refuse to pay the season ticket prices/the ground entry prices/Sky subscription prices etc will the escalating wages cease and fall. It may well happen one day, the 'gravy train' has to implode sometime. ?

I think most folk would also disapprove of footballers wages . . . but those same folk given the opportunity wouldn't refuse the salary. Only when the ordinary fans refuse to pay the season ticket prices/the ground entry prices/Sky subscription prices etc will the escalating wages cease and fall. It may well happen one day, the 'gravy train' has to implode sometime. ?
Matchday revenue is tiny compared to broadcasting and sponsorship so if everyone stopped buying a season ticket tomorrow not much would change.

jowwy

acording to most sky subscriptions dont count.......

jowwy

Matchday revenue is tiny compared to broadcasting and sponsorship so if everyone stopped buying a season ticket tomorrow not much would change.
i tend to disagree.....most clubs have now stated they cant survive without fans buying tickets and matchday revenue, just look what happened to some clubs during the lockdown covid era

jowwy

Re Mo Salah.
I just read they are negotiating a contract extension @ 300 grand a week :eek:.
and tbh in the current climate, he deserves every penny

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I think most folk would also disapprove of footballers wages

I actually approve of them, relative to most high earners at least.

Most people earning obscene salaries have little justification for them, are entirely free of any public scrutiny and often no obvious rationale behind their appointment. Think Dido Harding.

Footballers, OTOH, have a very direct impact on the success of their club and are scrutinised in great detail by 50,000 or so fans every week.

Top Bottom