The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
I know what you're saying but apart from just wanting to 'have a pop' what does me think Grealish is a cheat and you thinking Mendes is dodgy have to do with anything?

If you turned round and said " how about Jimenez then, he's always diving" I could understand.

I don't mind you having a dig but at least get it in context.

As for getting fouled, Traore is always on the receiving end.

I am a Leicester City supporter but even so I condemn James Maddison for 'going to ground' too easily. But as AndyRM says above "all players are at it" well maybe ? Burnley are probably the 'least' of the offenders here, and football has Sean Dyche to thank for that. It's maybe to early to say but based on what I saw in yesterday's Community shield match could referees have been instructed to stop blowing for 'minimal contact' diving ? I noticed a couple of times Maddison went 'to ground' claiming a foul only for the referee to ignore him, unless I'm much mistaken he stayed on his feet more after that. Here's hoping. ^_^

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
This change to Premier League governance for 2021/22 may 'incentivise' players to stay on their feet in the penalty area.

Should also put a stop to ex-pro pundits trotting out the 'he was entitled to go down' line...

Players will be told that they will get penalties when they stay on their feet as referees and VAR are instructed to look at the nature of contact, the consequence of contact, and the intention of attackers.

Lovacott

Über Member
This change to Premier League governance for 2021/22 may 'incentivise' players to stay on their feet in the penalty area.

Should also put a stop to ex-pro pundits trotting out the 'he was entitled to go down' line...

Players will be told that they will get penalties when they stay on their feet as referees and VAR are instructed to look at the nature of contact, the consequence of contact, and the intention of attackers.
The problem with the current system is that it encourages players to dive when there is contact.

Using VAR to award a foul if the attacker stays on his feet after contact will be a welcome improvement but what happens when an attempt is made to foul an attacker but he skips over it or runs around it? The intent to foul was still there but the defender goes unpunished because there was no contact.

Stephenite

Membå
Harrogate Town have postponed their next three fixtures due to CV19 case, it's going to be a long season
You could have done Rochdale (my second team) a favour and postponed that game too.

I always watch out for the Dale v Hartlepool fixture. I used to work with someone who irritated me, and we went along to the game at Spotland in the late 90s. It was a similar result to the one at the weekend.

Edit: I've confuddled Hartlepool and Harrogate. I'm 53 you know.

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
@The Central Scrutinizer

The league cup in FPL.
If you haven't already done so, buddy, go into administrate league and tick 'Create league cup' and update.
A little extra bit of fun.

@The Central Scrutinizer

The league cup in FPL.
If you haven't already done so, buddy, go into administrate league and tick 'Create league cup' and update.
A little extra bit of fun.
In the box titled cup it says All managers will be entered into the cup. The final will be contested in Gameweek 38.
I've gone into Admin and the box is already ticked.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention and hopefully it's sorted

Scaleyback

Veteran
Should anyone be interested ? here is the details of Leicester City's King Power Stadium development. Includes a video narrated bt Gary Lineker.

King Power Stadium Development

There is a reference to their new training ground, that is now fully operational. LCFC new training complex.

All the long term vision of the much loved chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha lost in the helicopter accident in 2018 and brought to fruition by his son Aiyawatt ' Top'

'Heady' times to be a Fox's supporter.

Should anyone be interested ? here is the details of Leicester City's King Power Stadium development. Includes a video narrated bt Gary Lineker.

King Power Stadium Development

There is a reference to their new training ground, that is now fully operational. LCFC new training complex.

All the long term vision of the much loved chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha lost in the helicopter accident in 2018 and brought to fruition by his son Aiyawatt ' Top'

'Heady' times to be a Fox's supporter.
First class owner.
They go about their business quietly and without fuss.
Wish we could have the same at West Ham.:whistle:

Top Bottom