The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpiste

Guru
It`s really funny how people go on about ffp but for years and years certain teams in the premier overspent. Even today one team is still buying players with debts of around £443 million!
You have to add to the graph for MCFC sales the wages saved and also the prize money from winning trophies as well as the money made from advertising etc.
FFP was something made up by the elite in Europe, Barca, RM, Liverpool, Utd etc. to maintain their hold on the Champions league. Barca and RM are bankrupt (virtually) Juventus have realised they can`t spend like the old days and are tightening the purse strings.
FFP is used as a disguise for petty jealousy. Good for City, I hope they go on to win the Champions league and continue to play the kind of football that can only make you smile.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It`s really funny how people go on about ffp but for years and years certain teams in the premier overspent. Even today one team is still buying players with debts of around £443 million!
You have to add to the graph for MCFC sales the wages saved and also the prize money from winning trophies as well as the money made from advertising etc.
FFP was something made up by the elite in Europe, Barca, RM, Liverpool, Utd etc. to maintain their hold on the Champions league. Barca and RM are bankrupt (virtually) Juventus have realised they can`t spend like the old days and are tightening the purse strings.
FFP is used as a disguise for petty jealousy. Good for City, I hope they go on to win the Champions league and continue to play the kind of football that can only make you smile.
What a load of nonsense

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Well now that they have Grealish I will smile even less when they play - he is an arch exponent of going to ground at the slightest, and sometimes no, touch as well as feigning injury with all the panache of a seasoned thespian.

Stephenite

Membå
It's a terrible waste - Grealish going to City.

It'll be just like Sterling, Mahrez, etc. The best players in the game poached by the richest club and you will only get to to see them play once every six weeks.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Harry Kane is back training with Spurs.
He claims he never missed training and had an agreement about coming back late.
Funny that he comes back the day after City spend £100 million on someone else.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If city bought kane then i would say they are going to be tough to beat, but without a proper striker i think they wont be as prolific as people think.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why’s he a cock? He’s spent a lot of years at one club. He’s just gone to a bigger club with more opportunities to play on the bigger stage. As any ambitious pro player would do surely? Ok much more money, but that’s the game now.

I expect you’d have been happy if he’d scored the winning goal in the Euros final? I don’t recall many Wolves players being on the pitch (except maybe in the Portugal team?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom