The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'd just like to remind our readers that other football teams are available ;)
Yes.....like ManU or Everton.
Oh sorry........you said football :rolleyes:

srj10

Guru
The issue in the women's game is that in the top leagues and countries the standards are improving rapidly, I watch a english league game on TV the other day, the skill levels are very good its better to watch than the men's game, but the minnow's are keeping up for the minute. if you look at every group in this qualifying comp, there are some massive goal difference swings between the top and bottom teams.

That said we have a similar albeit smaller issue with the "minnows" in the men's game getting thrashed and picking up a point in a qual game is a rare thing.

We started our hockey season this year, after a bit of a league reshuffle with a 23-0 win. Fortunately the games have got more competitive as that wasn't much fun for either side, and certainly not for the oppo.
Spain had nine players from Barcelona in their starting eleven including the winner and runner up of the Ballon D'Or and had it not been for the Scotland keeper the score would easily have been in double figures.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Better not repeat that to Souness :boxing:
Indeed Souness & Pallister prompted my original comment. also Johnston and the spotty german also went Boro to L'pool. Can't remember any other top players bar Pally going to Man U, we signed a few the other way including Pally back again and Robson as player manager

I thought jowwy didn't do humour, but his spurs comment proves he does.:laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'd just like to remind our readers that other football teams are available ;)

Looking at some of the posts.
Which are the teams other than your own (Chelsea of course) that you follow & why
For me
Bromley FC - Born and live in Bromley
Elgin City - Met a chap on holiday many years ago who was wearing their shirt. he was delighted in telling me that the team were complete rubbish that never won - He wasn't wrong
Gillingham - Once found a Gills wooly scarf when I was about 12 years old. Looked out for their scores ever since
Hibernian - Due to George Best going there which piqued my interest
Maidstone FC - Lived there for a while
Hamburg HSV - Been to a good few games when they were in the top Bundesliga. the atmosphere at German games is something to behold.
Palmerias FC San Paulo - Went to a couple of games when I was in Brazil. Absolutely mental atmosphere too.
OFI FC - Crete. - I have good friends who live on the island who support them.
Philadelphia Union - USA - I've been following US Soccer for many years. Have friends in Philly who I've been staying with over the past 30 years
Real Zaragoza - Spain - Spent 24 hours on a coach back in 95 travelling to a Chelsea game. Chelsea lost and we all got beat up by the Civil Guarda. Not a great time, but the fans were great and followed them ever since
Tromso Norway - Up in the Arctic Circle, Once again, an away Chelsea Cup match. It snowed, a lot. Vialli did his bit to safe face by single handedly wining the game. Stunning ground set between mountains and sea

Last edited:

R_nger

Guru
Indeed Souness & Pallister prompted my original comment. also Johnston and the spotty german also went Boro to L'pool. Can't remember any other top players bar Pally going to Man U, we signed a few the other way including Pally back again and Robson as player manager

Ziege

Downing went to Liverpool via other clubs ?

what did he say about Spurs ? I missed that and can’t find it now

Scaleyback

Veteran
Looking at some of the posts.
Which are the teams other than your own (Chelsea of course) that you follow & why
For me
Bromley FC - Born and live in Bromley
Elgin City - Met a chap on holiday many years ago who was wearing their shirt. he was delighted in telling me that the team were complete rubbish
etc etc etc

I thought everyones favourite 2nd team was Leicester City ? if it's not . . . . . it should be. :smooch:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

does this not state he started his career at spurs or am i seeing things??

1638361916589.png

jowwy

Ziege

Christian ziege - does not fall into the category of liverpools best - he only played 16 games

as for the spurs comment - thats were souness started his senior career in 1970

1638362486453.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ziege

suggesting Souness was one of their most influential players ever:whistle:, when in fact he made one UEFA cub sub appearance for them so left for Boro as couldnt make the apprentice to 1st team transition at high flying spurs.

We refer to the snake of a Z player as the spotty german. Good point on Downing there via Villa, and back via West Ham, clearly claret suited his complexion.

Where would Liverpool be without the Boro talent production line?

Last edited:

jowwy

1..That Souness was one of their most influential players ever:whistle:, when in fact he made one UEFA cub sub appearance for them so left for Boro as couldnt make the apprentice to 1st team transition at high flying spurs.

We refer to the snake of a Z player as the spotty german. Good point on Downing there via Villa, and back via West Ham, clearly claret suited his complexion.

2..Where would Liverpool be without the Boro talent production line?
1..Thats is defo not what i said.......

2.. Still winning trophies and being the best club in the country......yes souness was a good player, but he was not one of our ultimate best in my eyes.....BUT i was 6/7yrs old when i started supporting liverpool in 1982 and souey was on his way out then as he was 29 and running around in the mud, kicking a medicine ball was starting to show :okay:

others will probably chirp in and say something else, but this is just my view

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
1..Thats is defo not what i said.......

2.. Still winning trophies and being the best club in the country......yes souness was a good player, but he was not one of our ultimate best in my eyes.....BUT i was 6/7yrs old when i started supporting liverpool in 1982 and souey was on his way out then as he was 29 and running around in the mud, kicking a medicine ball was starting to show :okay:

others will probably chirp in and say something else, but this is just my view
Souness was definitely among my (long) list of favourite players.
Crap manager imo but great player.

Top Bottom