The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
try google. He'll be in most top 10's. One of the very best midfielders in his era anywhere and a big reason why Liverpool won so much back then.
this isn't about what google says - this is about personal opinion, i said he was a good/top player for liverpool, but for me, not one of the greats.....that's just my opinion.

Roy keane thinks the whole back room staff should be sacked at united along with Ole, Gary Neville's opinion is they shouldnt.......thats the love of football, we all have our opinion and shouldnt be swayed cause some one has a different view.

you asked me to use google.....
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1430330-liverpools-10-best-players-of-all-time

Last edited:

jowwy

Newcastle - richest team in the 22-23 Championship? Discuss....
agree.....i think there are big issues within the club and it will take more than 1 transfer window to sort them out....also Howe as the worst defensive record for goals conceded in the last 5yrs during his time at bournemouth, he was constanly around 19th/20th for goals conceded

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Well @T4tomo says top 10
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...the-50-greatest-liverpool-players-of-all-time
not in their top 10 and no 6 in their top 50!:wacko:
most top 10's have him in, apart from the one jowwy spend ages finding he wasn't in, which the above contradiction concludes they don't know their Wales from their Whales.

All these things are subjective. A lot of people wouldn't rate Dunga in their stand out Brazilian players , too boring, no flair, but when he played he conducted the orchestra and made that 90's team tick.

jowwy

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...the-50-greatest-liverpool-players-of-all-time
not in their top 10 and no 6 in their top 50!:wacko:
most top 10's have him in, apart from the one jowwy spend ages finding he wasn't in, which the above contradiction concludes they don't know their Wales from their Whales.

All these things are subjective. A lot of people wouldn't rate Dunga in their stand out Brazilian players , too boring, no flair, but when he played he conducted the orchestra and made that 90's team tick.
It took 3 seconds to type liverpool top 10 players and the first report was the one i posted…….

also in the top 50 you posted it says King Kenny was number 1….that report was conducted in 2011

in the top 10 report it says Stevie Gerrard is number 1 …..that report was conducted in 2012

so i would say there was 2 totally different demographic groups that were asked the question, but as you say its all subjective…….which oddly enough is exactly what ive been saying to you, in a last 5 posts between us.

maybe now you will listen, rather than just trying to force your opinion onto me…….

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In 1982 we moved to Lancashire. At a loose end one Saturday I wandered down to Ewood just to watch a game v Portsmouth. I stood on that funny bit of terrace between the Blackburn End and Nuttall Street.
The 1980's saw many Rovers v Portsmouth battles, both on and off the pitch. :boxing: I think that small bit of terracing was called The Enclosure. 🤔 My first Rovers game was 12th of January 1974 against Chestefield. Rovers won 2-1 if I remember rightly.🤔 In those days Rovers were 3rd Division and local rivals Burnley were 1st Division. I was at secondary school at the time and it was the fashion to follow Burnley. Never being one to follow the crowd or fashionable things/fads I went with my brother to watch the 3rd Division club at the way past it's best ground, instead of the top flight club with a then modern ground. Even though my grandad, uncle, mum's and cousin were lifelong 'Dingles'.

jowwy

This liverpool team are looking real good at the moment. 43 goals in 14 games in the premier league…….wow

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Have you noticed how much better MOTD is when your team has won ;)
Quite possibly the goal of the season will be on tonight. In fact I`d definitely bet on it getting in the top two one ^_^ I won`t add a spoiler by naming the player. You`ll know I think ;)
Bernardo Silva's controlled volley (I assume) was sublime, it kind of reminded me of that Gustavo Poyet volley against Sunderland in 99. Just wonderful technique.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
this isn't about what google says - this is about personal opinion, i said he was a good/top player for liverpool, but for me, not one of the greats.....that's just my opinion.

Roy keane thinks the whole back room staff should be sacked at united along with Ole, Gary Neville's opinion is they shouldnt.......thats the love of football, we all have our opinion and shouldnt be swayed cause some one has a different view.

you asked me to use google.....
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1430330-liverpools-10-best-players-of-all-time
No room for Liverpool's record league goalscorer?

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
No room for Liverpool's record league goalscorer?
I don't know what this is about because there are two embarrassments on here I have on ignore but weren't Liverpool....well. Liverpool last night? More of the same, please and surely Covid HAS to stop the AFCON from going ahead?

Top Bottom