The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yesterday, the gap between third place and fourth place, and third and last place, closed by 3 points and 1 point, respectively.
You can use figures to argue any point you want……..over the last few games the gap has widened. Even the pundits, sky sports and bt sports have reported the same.
but its not just the pts gap thats widening, but the superiority of the top 3 maybe 3 over the rest. West ham may have beaten chelsea yesterday, but that was their 1st win in 4 games

it could be that chelsea hit a slump and it becomes a top 2 again instead, who knows.

and the gap between 3rd and 4th didnt narrown by 3pts, it widened by two………liverpool were in 3rd spot on 31pts…..west ham were in 4th on 27, so a 4pt gap, liverpool won going upto 34pts, dropping chelsea down to 3rd on 33pts…..so the gap between 3rd and 4th widened by 2pts

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Full marks to Arthur Musuaka for admitting to being surprised that his fluke goal was an attempted delivery and not a shot.

Not everyone would admit to that.

More or less gotten over yesterday's shambolic Jorghino/Mendy masterclass in how to dump 3 points.

Still sulking though over the clods from Malmo totally demolishing our strike force with their Burnley-esque tackling in the ECL a few weeks ago.

I'm OK with a physical game being played but cynical tackling to injure the opposition gets my goat. Thank christ Stoke disappeared from the EPL a few years ago.

jowwy

Full marks to Arthur Musuaka for admitting to being surprised that his fluke goal was an attempted delivery and not a shot.

Not everyone would admit to that.

More or less gotten over yesterday's shambolic Jorghino/Mendy masterclass in how to dump 3 points.

Still sulking though over the clods from Malmo totally demolishing our strike force with their Burnley-esque tackling in the ECL a few weeks ago.

I'm OK with a physical game being played but cynical tackling to injure the opposition gets my goat. Thank christ Stoke disappeared from the EPL a few years ago.
Still got burnley in there and now watford…….these teams use their bigger players as battering rams, to hurt/injure players, its always been like that im afraid.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Still got burnley in there and now watford…….these teams use their bigger players as battering rams, to hurt/injure players, its always been like that im afraid.

Having recently played those two I can attest to that - horrible outfits although the Burnley fans seem like a decent bunch when we have been to Turf Moor.

Back in the 70's Leeds were the real thugs on the pitch - nightmare to play against even accounting for the more robust game played back then. Playing them next Saturday.

Big game coming up 2 Jan!

When do you play City again?

jowwy

Having recently played those two I can attest to that - horrible outfits although the Burnley fans seem like a decent bunch when we have been to Turf Moor.

Back in the 70's Leeds were the real thugs on the pitch - nightmare to play against even accounting for the more robust game played back then. Playing them next Saturday.

Big game coming up 2 Jan!

When do you play City again?
April 9th at the emptihad council stadium lol

AndyRM

XOXO
Looks like a 3 horse race for the EPL
'Klipperty'! Oh how I laughed at that. Your kindergarten friends must just LOVE you for such originality. Not offensive, just childish and pathetically so.

"Klippity"

I don't care. He's a great manager, Liverpool play nice football at times.

I'm 36, and I support Kilmarnock.

AndyRM

XOXO
But in the last two games…….norwich 2pts and chelsea 3pts, an increase of 1pt, so that means the gap is widening

as for city and liverpool…….they have won their last 5 and 4 respectively, where arsenal and west ham have not, therfore the gap between those teams is widening

since west ham beat liverpool, they have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 2…..so 4pts
liverpool have won all 4, therefore 12pts……we was 1 behind west ham, we are now 7 in front, gap widening

and over the last 5 games , chelsea 8pts, west ham in 4th 7pts…….therefore increased the gap by 1

so the gap between the top 3 and the rest, is getting wider

Hope this helps

"Past is the past........"

HTH.

Top Bottom