The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
About the same price as an apologetic number 9 then. :laugh:
I was just looking at sportrac to try and see what is yearly wage was and what struck me as odd, is they have his age at 27 for the 2021-22 season, even though he was born in May 93, which would have him at 28 when he signed and 29 this year

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nice win over Spurs last night.

Haven't seen Spurs play as bad as they did in the first half for many a moon - they were dire.

Good effort from us however despite losing another two defenders prior to the match - interesting to watch a couple of players playing well out of their normal position too. Still lacking that finishing touch up front though and in a game of ifs, buts and maybes we should've been well out of sight rather than 2 ahead for the next leg.

Strange interview from Conte afterwards who spent most of the time praising Chelsea - can't have gone down well with the Spurs fans.

I see Pep is pretending to have COVID so he doesn’t have to personally witness the humiliation that will be inflicted upon his team of over-payed prima donnas by the mighty Swindon Town tomorrow night in the FA Cup. :whistle:

Lozz360

Veteran
If Aston Villa were to sign the Welsh Aaron Ramsey from Juventus to play alongside the English Aaron Ramsey they already have the fans could sing...

"There's Only Two Aaron Ramseys"
Interestingly they are both midfielders. It reminds me of the 70s when QPR and Wolves (both were in the old first division) each had a player called Phil Parkes. What made it a little confusing was that both were goalkeepers.

Lozz360

Veteran
Interestingly they are both midfielders. It reminds me of the 70s when QPR and Wolves (both were in the old first division) each had a player called Phil Parkes. What made it a little confusing was that both were goalkeepers.
Just a thought. If both Aaron Ramsey’s were on the same team, there could be the risk that if they were both booked, the second one to be booked could be sent off for a second yellow card?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Just a thought. If both Aaron Ramsey’s were on the same team, there could be the risk that if they were both booked, the second one to be booked could be sent off for a second yellow card?
Mistaken identity has happened, but it's unlikely based only on name. When you train as a football referee you're taught to note the name and most importantly the shirt number and team of the player you've cautioned, since it's not at all uncommon to have two Smiths, two Jones' etc in one squad. You also tend to remember the face of someone you've cautioned in the last hour or so.

Referees at most levels tend to use a pre printed grid like the one below inserted into the "notebook" (more accurately it's a little hardback folder). You can fill it in on field as cautions occur and then check it against the team sheets at half or full time, but most well prepared officials will fill out this form prior to the game.

Screenshot_20220107-105935_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I once refereed a game where players on the same team swapped shirts at half time to avoid a second yellow for their resident hooligan, so some skulduggery can go on. That was noticed though, it's even more noticeable where it's at Aaron Ramsey’s level I'd have thought. :laugh:

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Villa have signed Coutinho on loan until the end of the season l. We are paying 60% of his astronomical wages.

I can't see that going through under Smith, clearly the Gerrard effect.

I don't know a huge amount amount about Coutinho. Any Liverpool fans give us the low down on him and if, in the their opinion he still has it in him to play in the Prem.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Villa have signed Coutinho on loan until the end of the season l. We are paying 60% of his astronomical wages.

I can't see that going through under Smith, clearly the Gerrard effect.

I don't know a huge amount amount about Coutinho. Any Liverpool fans give us the low down on him and if, in the their opinion he still has it in him to play in the Prem.
He was quality at liverpool, which is why barca paid the 140mil fee to take him away from us. He's 29, not played a lot over the past few years.......but i would have had him back at anfield in a heart beat.

I'm not sure what is wages are, but with no fee to be paid, i'm assuming the wages are not an issue for the club.

Top Bottom