The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
He was quality at liverpool, which is why barca paid the 140mil fee to take him away from us. He's 29, not played a lot over the past few years.......but i would have had him back at anfield in a heart beat.

I'm not sure what is wages are, but with no fee to be paid, i'm assuming the wages are not an issue for the club.
Figured being banded about on Villa Twatter is we are paying half to two thirds of his wages. Which is still pretty huge.

We also have an option to buy at the end of the season. Two figures quoted either 33 million or 40 million.

If Steve Gerrard can get him fit, this could be one hell of a transfer.

If he truly does turn out to be a magician I may have to get this season's top with his name on the back ^_^

PaulB

Legendary Member
Villa have signed Coutinho on loan until the end of the season l. We are paying 60% of his astronomical wages.

I can't see that going through under Smith, clearly the Gerrard effect.

I don't know a huge amount amount about Coutinho. Any Liverpool fans give us the low down on him and if, in the their opinion he still has it in him to play in the Prem.
No, he's washed up. Liverpool squeezed the last remnants out of him before converting him into a Van Dijk, a Naby Keita and an Alisson with some left over for a Fabinho - or a Shaq depending on who shouts his opinion loudest. Liverpool have decided not to go for a wrung-out has-been like that. He looked devastated at the 'welcome' he got when he came back and realised what he'd left behind, and was then handed his backside with that 4-0 defeat. Maybe he could play at a lower level like at Turf Moor or somewhere. Maybe.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
No, he's washed up. Liverpool squeezed the last remnants out of him before converting him into a Van Dijk, a Naby Keita and an Alisson with some left over for a Fabinho - or a Shaq depending on who shouts his opinion loudest. Liverpool have decided not to go for a wrung-out has-been like that. He looked devastated at the 'welcome' he got when he came back and realised what he'd left behind, and was then handed his backside with that 4-0 defeat. Maybe he could play at a lower level like at Turf Moor or somewhere. Maybe.
Doesn't sound promising.

I am always a bit sceptical of a player trying to make a come back in the Prem when he is around 30 onwards.

My head thinks this could be a very expensive mistake, my heart hopes Gerrard will get him playing again.

We shall see

PaulB

Legendary Member
Doesn't sound promising.

I am always a bit sceptical of a player trying to make a come back in the Prem when he is around 30 onwards.

My head thinks this could be a very expensive mistake, my heart hopes Gerrard will get him playing again.

We shall see
We all relished the goal he got at Old Trafford in the UEFA cup game but flashes of brilliance like that were few and far between and he looked like he didn't fancy it if he was up against an unglamourous team like, say Fulham on a rainy Wednesday night. A lad in front of us was full of contempt for him. Every time he received the ball, this guy would go, 'Oh pissoff you over-rated waste of space' or similar line but he'd have to be quick before Coutinho gave possession away. Again.

Come on the Town :okay:
1641578102904.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
Unless your name is @vickster there weren't too many shocks over the weekend
Arteta was (rightfully) well angry.
Will be interesting to see how far LFC go as Klopp has never been seemed interested in the FA cup.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Unless your name is @vickster there weren't too many shocks over the weekend
Arteta was (rightfully) well angry.
Will be interesting to see how far LFC go as Klopp has never been seemed interested in the FA cup.
could say the same about the caraboa.....but we in the semi finals. I think Klopp saw the league and champions league as the main trophies and set the team up to at least challenge for those two, at the detriment of the cup competitions, because our squad wasn't strong enough to challenge on all 4 fronts.

But this season we played virtually full teams in the caraboa, except for the last round due to injuries and covid. Maybe he's had a change of heart and now thinks the cups are also another way of strengthening his legacy at Liverpool.

Top Bottom