The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You have a point. It sometimes seems arbitrary (obvious ironic pun there if you look for it) as to which bit of blocking, shirt tugging or general shenanigans we always see at defensive set pieces will get hauled up. Make them a total no-holds-barred, free-for-all, I say.
No actual weapons.

Went to the re-arranged game last night between the Hammers and the Canaries.
Although Norwich made it hard for us and we huffed and puffed at times we deserved the win.
I'm expecting a lot harder game against Leeds on Sunday.

yello

I'll be chuffed if they sign Chris Woods. We face Burnley this weekend and he always scores against us.

But Woods might be a clever signing. He can get goals (with the right service, maybe that's were Trippier comes in) and knows all about relegation scraps. He's also not intended as anything other than short term, in to do a job, so his age isn't a concern. If they're relegated then he can lead the line, if they stay up then he's a perfectly decent 'plan b' striker for the bench.

Edit: just read he has been signed. The article I read also mentioned something I hadn't considered - it weakens Burnley, a relegation rival. Whether that's clever or underhanded is, I guess, up to you.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Went to the re-arranged game last night between the Hammers and the Canaries.
Although Norwich made it hard for us and we huffed and puffed at times we deserved the win.
I'm expecting a lot harder game against Leeds on Sunday.
Nothing is scarier than a league game against a side you beat in the cup the previous week, or vice versa. It tends to go the opposite way.

Scaleyback

Veteran
I'll be chuffed if they sign Chris Woods. We face Burnley this weekend and he always scores against us.

But Woods might be a clever signing. He can get goals (with the right service, maybe that's were Trippier comes in) and knows all about relegation scraps. He's also not intended as anything other than short term, in to do a job, so his age isn't a concern. If they're relegated then he can lead the line, if they stay up then he's a perfectly decent 'plan b' striker for the bench.

Yes, Chris Woods always plays well against Leicester. Now we just need Harry Kane to move to Man City before we play Spurs. :laugh:

yello

Yes, Chris Woods always plays well against Leicester. Now we just need Harry Kane to move to Man City before we play Spurs. :laugh:
and take Son with him ideally.

(actually, I think Son might be out for when we play them. I know he picked up an injury but I don't know how long he's out for)

Edit: yes, Son will be out for the rest of the month so he'll miss the game against us.

Last edited:
What made the VAR thing most ridiculous last weekend was that it was only employed in the matches played on Premier League grounds. Not to all matches.
Seems a bit odd to me.....

AndyRM

XOXO

Edit: just read he has been signed. The article I read also mentioned something I hadn't considered - it weakens Burnley, a relegation rival. Whether that's clever or underhanded is, I guess, up to you.

Burnley have two games in hand over the Toon, seems a signing more designed to weaken them than strengthen Newcastle. As you say though, at least he understands the situation and the league, unlike that £40m donkey Joelinton.

Chromatic

Legendary Member

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Yesterday Sky, God bless them, decided to televise four of my teams games. Rovers v Cardiff, Swansea, WBA and QPR. This is good and bad news.

On the positive side we get to watch the Cardiff and Swansea games. The negatives far outweigh these, the planned trip to WBA is now solo as my lads can't do Monday nights, I probably won't get home till after midnight if I go. As my lad put it "Bloody he'll, don't need that do we!" referring to our usual poor TV performances. :sad: QPR is home so makes no odds to us.

Sky? GRRRRRR........:cursing::cursing:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I know virtually nothing about women's football. I've seen a few live games and enjoyed them but that's it. I've just read Arsenal Women have signed a Swedish striker. Is this commonplace? If so it seems a great shame that already cubs are looking overseas when there must be a huge reservoir of talent in the UK.

Top Bottom