The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Liverpool supporters having a ball on Twitter

Rafa left Everton 16th, sold Digne to Steve and f*cked off, LMAOOO

20220116_215709.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I heard that on the commentary last night and was a bit confused- isn’t it 6 years since they played in a final there and 10 years since they won a trophy there (on pens against Cardiff) ?
That may be true - but liverpool hold the record for reaching finals in the league cup and have also played in many fa cup finals there too

12 EFL cup finals ( 13 now with this year )
12 FA Cup finals
18 Charity shield appearances

That's why they call it Anfield South

R_nger

Guru
That may be true - but liverpool hold the record for reaching finals in the league cup and have also played in many fa cup finals there too

12 EFL cup finals ( 13 now with this year )
12 FA Cup finals
18 Charity shield appearances

That's why they call it Anfield South
That seems fair enough. I was just surprised as I’d never heard the phrase before (and I know a LOT of Liverpool fans !)

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Don't Arsenal quite famously hold the record for Wembley appearances (by some margin), followed by Man United?

jowwy

Don't Arsenal quite famously hold the record for Wembley appearances (by some margin), followed by Man United?
they might well do.......but as per the commentary last night, lots of liverpool fans call it Anfield South for the reasons i stated above. i have not at anytime stated we have been there more times than anyone else.

I also noticed you put a laughing emoji against shep's post about whether i would be attending wembley and hopefully my answer to Shep will help you understand my position on why i won't be going. But i guess you and others will still keep up the usual derogatory emoji's aimed at me, cause it makes you feel special.

jowwy

That's a shame, we don't get to go very often but made it to the FA cup semi's a couple of years ago.

Apart from the result it was a fantastic day out.
Not everyone can attend shep and i know how that feels......maybe if i win the lottery one day, then i will try and get a season ticket for anfield, as i'm not one of the fans that got handed one by my great grandad, grandad or dad...i would have to wait inline with the many other thousands that are awaiting a Liverpool season ticket. But some on here will still put derogatory statements and emoji's against those posts as it makes them feel special.

The times i have managed to get to Anfield to watch them live, as always been inline with special occasions and have saved the money to attend and i will try in the future to do the same thing. I also have a disabled partner that i care for and leaving her alone to watch football, is rather selfish to be honest. She did attend Anfield with me in 2016 to celebrate my 40th birthday and it caused her serious health issues afterwards. But we both enjoyed the occasion, even though it was a draw against spurs.

Not everyone can attend shep and i know how that feels......maybe if i win the lottery one day, then i will try and get a season ticket for anfield, as i'm not one of the fans that got handed one by my great grandad, grandad or dad...i would have to wait inline with the many other thousands that are awaiting a Liverpool season ticket. But some on here will still put derogatory statements and emoji's against those posts as it makes them feel special.

The times i have managed to get to Anfield to watch them live, as always been inline with special occasions and have saved the money to attend and i will try in the future to do the same thing. I also have a disabled partner that i care for and leaving her alone to watch football, is rather selfish to be honest. She did attend Anfield with me in 2016 to celebrate my 40th birthday and it caused her serious health issues afterwards. But we both enjoyed the occasion, even though it was a draw against spurs.
I can afford to go it's just that my team only gets there every now and again.

My Daughter's boyfriend is a Liverpool fan (dads a scouser) but has no season ticket and he's been to Molinuex more times than Anfield, inc this season when you lot mugged us in the last minute!

Top Bottom