The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have no idea what the ACN is but the AFCON represents the nearest thing to the beautiful game that currently exists since it's not played for money and some countries that otherwise wouldn't get a mention in the media are playing to a world-wide audience. And THAT'S why this should generate more interest than it currently does on this because it's supposed to be a thread about football.
A thread about football that people want to post about….and even you have only made 3 posts about it in a month. But obviously no one else is interested.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I have no idea what the ACN is but the AFCON represents the nearest thing to the beautiful game that currently exists since it's not played for money and some countries that otherwise wouldn't get a mention in the media are playing to a world-wide audience. And THAT'S why this should generate more interest than it currently does on this because it's supposed to be a thread about football.

What are we supposed to do then?

Feign some collective interest in the event and witter on about matters that may well bore the tits off us?

Sorry, but that would be delusional at best.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thank you. I did think it rather obvious by ACN I was referring to the Africa Cup of Nations. Apologies if I've used a difficult term.

Slick

Guru
Transfer deadline day is bubbling away nicely in the run up to Wednesday nights battle. Should be an interesting week.:okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We've kept our squad together and made a couple of decent signings so I'm happy the owners and management at Ewood are fully committed to our promotion challenge.

What happens in the summer to 5-6 out of contract players will be determined by the outcome of this season.

Bradley Dack is due 60 minutes tonight after 45 for the U23s. Getting him back will be like a new signing as he's been injured most of the season.

We've kept our squad together and made a couple of decent signings so I'm happy the owners and management at Ewood are fully committed to our promotion challenge.

What happens in the summer to 5-6 out of contract players will be determined by the outcome of this season.

Bradley Dack is due 60 minutes tonight after 45 for the U23s. Getting him back will be like a new signing as he's been injured most of the season.
You're getting one of ours on loan for the rest of the season so hopefully he'll come good.

"Dithering Dave" said he didn't want to bring in players who weren't any better than we have now.Fair enough but when you look at our squad and who we regularly bring off the bench(Yarmolenko,Masuaku and Fredericks) there must be players better than them?
We were supposedly interested in Nat Phillips from Liverpool a player i like and he's gone to championship side Bournemouth on loan.
We are still in the FA and Europa cup beside's playing in the Premier league so the squad needed to be strengthened.
I like Moyes and what he's done in the last two seasons but you have to build a strong side if you are going to progress.

jowwy

"Dithering Dave" said he didn't want to bring in players who weren't any better than we have now.Fair enough but when you look at our squad and who we regularly bring off the bench(Yarmolenko,Masuaku and Fredericks) there must be players better than them?
We were supposedly interested in Nat Phillips from Liverpool a player i like and he's gone to championship side Bournemouth on loan.
We are still in the FA and Europa cup beside's playing in the Premier league so the squad needed to be strengthened.
I like Moyes and what he's done in the last two seasons but you have to build a strong side if you are going to progress.
yes - Nat Phillips would have defo made you stronger at the back. i mean to be fair he got us along with kabak into 3rd spot and champions league qualification....hes a quality CB

Even origi would have strengthened your forward line to be fair, as you put plenty of crosses into the box and he does score goals. would have taken some pressure off antonio

Dave7

Legendary Member
yes - Nat Phillips would have defo made you stronger at the back. i mean to be fair he got us along with kabak into 3rd spot and champions league qualification....hes a quality CB

Even origi would have strengthened your forward line to be fair, as you put plenty of crosses into the box and he does score goals. would have taken some pressure off antonio
I could not understand why JK didn't continue with Kabak and Phillips. They looked really solid.

jowwy

I could not understand why JK didn't continue with Kabak and Phillips. They looked really solid.
he did for the last 13 games........but also Phillips and Kabak both suffered injuries in that time too.

Don't forget Kabak didn't arrive until late January and we did try with Phillips and Williams, but that caused issues as we then had zero pace at the back. It wasn't an easy decision to make when you lose 4 CB's all at the same time.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You're getting one of ours on loan for the rest of the season so hopefully he'll come good.
I haven't spotted this. Who is he please?

We did sign Dilan Markandy on a permanent transfer but unfortunately he was injured after 20 minutes of his debut. Needs surgery and out for the season.😦

I haven't spotted this. Who is he please?

We did sign Dilan Markandy on a permanent transfer but unfortunately he was injured after 20 minutes of his debut. Needs surgery and out for the season.😦
I think I've got it right anyway, you're a Rovers (Blackburn) supporter? Ryan Giles is the lad in question.

Top Bottom