The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
do you mean 5’6?

no I meant aren't 6'5" :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
no I meant aren't 6'5" :laugh:

Not sure most of the male goalies are either? Pickford and Ramsdale are around 6'1 (but springy!)?
There's that enormous Italian though, although doesn't look like he's 6'5 either!

But yes, the guys generally are taller than the female goalies

AndyRM

XOXO
Jorge Campos is only 5'6" but he could jump like a cat. It was nuts the stuff he could do. Higuita is only 5'9", but similar. I suppose it helps that they're slightly unhinged, which you need to be as a 'keeper.

I'm not sure if it's a coaching issue?

I half think that making the goals a little smaller would make things easier, but then that would just be demeaning.

AndyRM

XOXO
Barcelona are just taking the proverbial now.

€50m for Lewandowski? When they're roughly a billion in debt, and have a crumbling stadium they cannot afford to fix?

Not that Real are much better, but they aren't pulling moves like that.

There's going to be a breaking point for the top leagues, and I don't think it's far off.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I half think that making the goals a little smaller would make things easier, but then that would just be demeaning.

It's more the knock on issue to grass roots that makes that a poor idea. Imagine every local club, council pitch etc having to have 2 sets of goal posts....

Besides it leads to more goals and hence a more exciting game to watch.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's more the knock on issue to grass roots that makes that a poor idea. Imagine every local club, council pitch etc having to have 2 sets of goal posts....

Besides it leads to more goals and hence a more exciting game to watch.

That's a fair point, which I had considered. It's just not feasible.

Although I guess it would probably work for teams who play on artificial surfaces? I've played hockey and football on both and it doesn't take much to change what you're aiming at.

AndyRM

XOXO
thats why i was a goal keeper then lol......

Wow. Common ground. I was never beyond Sunday League level, you?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Can't say I know much about the Welsh League system, but well done!

retired in 2005 with a double break of the right knee joint....and now have a big hole, where a bone used to be. Also snapped both hamstrings too......but hey ho, thats life innit

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
We had one of our players on that programme. Dennon Lewis. Absolute walloper of a boy, one of the worst strikers I've ever seen.

Top Bottom