The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Brilliant performance from all of the team in that match but Fran Kirby is such a natural and never seems to give the ball away. Looking forward to the final now!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Made the same comment today to work colleagues. No rolling about the ground giving the ref hassle etc . That might changes as the game grows .

totally agree.....watch the mens game in the 70s/80s, there was no rolling around then either and there was proper tackles go in too, how thats changed

Cmon good on Russo for trying it but some of your comments about it being the goal of the season etc are well over the top IMO.
Any decent goalkeeper would have saved that as it went it through her legs.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
didnt it go through 3 sets of legs???

only 'megged the keeper, it went between/ past two defenders, closer to one that the other. There are a lot of good keepers that have 'megged. yes rationally they should save them, but its the element of surprise and being bale to move a leg in time. It wasn't the keepers finest moment but she'd have seen it quite late.

defo not a goal of the season, as she should have buried it first time!

Agree that Kirby was excellent, as were the other 2 in midfield, they picked off a lot of ball and dictated play, particularly 2nd half.

AndyRM

XOXO
I didn't see the game, but that's a cracking goal from Russo (Mead's was pretty tasty too). As @T4tomo said - it's all in the element of surprise there.

England look ruthless. I'd fancy their chances against Germany, France less so.

potsy

Rambler
Didn't see the game but just watched the highlights, can only agree about the goalkeeping.
I'd be disappointed with 3 of those goals.

Not a fan of women's footie really, but can see it's appeal to those wanting a more pure, skilful version of the game, rather than the boring male England experience of late.

AndyRM

XOXO
as an aside Beth Mead went to my old school, we didn't overlap obviously, I think she was in same school year as my nephew.

Love a good random sporting coincidence story! One of my teachers at school in Scotland was Carol Sharp, a great runner in her own right and mother of Lynsey and Carly who are both incredible athletes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Love a good random sporting coincidence story! One of my teachers at school in Scotland was Carol Sharp, a great runner in her own right and mother of Lynsey and Carly who are both incredible athletes.
I went to the same school as Dina Asher-Smith and Emma Raducanu…albeit several decades earlier :whistle:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i trained with colin jackson and linford christie........and sat next to jamie baulch on a plane to Gran canaria

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The lack of stoppages in the women's game is shown by the number of halves that end bang on 45 minutes, something very rare in the men's game. Apart from the lack of rolling around, being much lighter the female players tend not to cause each other as much damage when they collide.

One change I'd like to see throughout the game is no substitutions after eighty minutes. 99% of the time they are just used to slow the game down and upset the flow of the opposition. What if a player gets injured and has to go off, I hear you ask? Fecking tough, just get on with it. You should be able to cope a man down for ten minutes.

GuyBoden

Guru
I hope France win tonight, they are an entertaining team, with plenty of skillful players. Germany will keep pressing to stop the French from playing, just like when Germany beat a good Spain team 2-0 in the group stage.

France:okay:

Top Bottom