The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A highly entertaining match and a good win.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
How did the womens' matches get on during the heatwave? (every match I've seen was in Brighton, which presumably wasn't the coolest spot in the nation!)

1658410223721.png

Rotherham and Manchester at circa 36^C

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Dreadful goal keeping for two of the goals…….

gbb

Legendary Member
An easy game to like.
I like watching womens football at this level, they move the ball around, passing with confidence, often under pressure, its very professional and entertaining.
Long ball accuracy maybe not so good but generally, very entertaining stuff, must be a very very good advert and inspiration to young and upcoming female players.

Hornchurch

An easy game to like.
I like watching womens football at this level, they move the ball around, passing with confidence, often under pressure, its very professional and entertaining.

Unlike the England 'Men's team who are usually SUCH woeful & sometimes embarrassing "underachievers"

I've wasted six-decades of my life, watching that (usual) "shower of $hite" - (Africa World-Cup 2010, anyone ?)

That laughable joke/wisecrack everyone made in 2010 - "A Shower Of $hite IS Due In On Thursday" (England flew home !)

Rooney's rage at the camera..... "Even yer own fans.....blah, blah, blah" kinda summed-up England's tournament

Watching England actually "go ahead", decently, six-minutes in, by Luke Shaw...... (against Italy, 2021)

Instead of "Going for the jugular" as they should've, instead, Southgate MADE them sit-back - (whoops, wrong move)

It wuz at THAT point I said to my folks - "Bad omen & I've (metaphorically) read the script, England WON'T win" (& true to form...)

England Girls (Women) meantime, brimming with confidence AND IT SHOWS = I wish them well (Women's team, not the overpaid knobs_

gbb

Legendary Member
I think I know what really appealed to me. I watch an occasional womens game, nothing more (but that will change). OK, the pace is different but its pure, there's no dramatics, no aggression that mars it all, you simply get a very straight game.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
For me, i dont mind watching the womens game ( although i find it slow and less skilful, just my opinion ) its the goalkeeping. Even last night two of those goals should have been easily saved.......and that does frustrate me.

maybe its the stature of the goalkeeper and athletic ability, i dont know.

Average female goalkeeper height - 5ft 8"
Average Male goalkeeper height - 6ft 2"

other than that the lioness's have done well to get to the final and will be happy to see them bring it home.......

as for them not being over paid pre-madonnas, wait til it becomes more main stream and the wages start to rise.......just remember there were no rolly polly pre-madonnas pre-premier league. it was full on smash em knee high, tackles from behind, but still with unbelievable skill

Top Bottom