The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
The England goalie is going to have to watch out ,the falling to the floor and wasting time lark,coud get punished.Its not needed.I would like to see Russo get a full game,she has been much better than White,who had a lot of media hype about scoring,she has not been as good as the talking,some of her positions when attacking have left a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The England goalie is going to have to watch out ,the falling to the floor and wasting time lark,coud get punished.Its not needed.I would like to see Russo get a full game,she has been much better than White,who had a lot of media hype about scoring,she has not been as good as the talking,some of her positions when attacking have left a lot to be desired.

I would not necessarily agree with that. Some players make brilliant impact subs but are not so effective when they are on from the start. Whether that applies to Russo or not I don't know, but I would trust the managers judgement on the matter.

One point about the modern game, and it applies to both men's and women's football. The practice of shirt pulling or holding opponents is tolerated as a "Professional foul" and rarely gets as much as a yellow card. It should be an automatic red with no arguments because it kills the flow of the game and is deliberate cheating. You can excuse even the worst tackles if there is doubt as to intent or misjudgement, but there is no way you can accidently grab hold of someone as they pass you.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
So here we go again........my boys, Blackburn Rovers, kick off with a home game against QPR one of the teams I see as potential play off candidates. Rovers are an unknown quantity this season with a new coaching structure, new manager Jon Dahl Tomasson new to English football and three key players lost during the summer; Joe Rothwell to Bournemouth is understandable, Darragh Lenihan to 'Boro I sort of get that, Ryan Nyambe to Wigan - really Ryan you see this as progressing your career? Quite beyond me.

How will we do? I think top eight is realistic and hope we can push for the play-offs. Automatic promotion would be a very big ask. The teams we have to watch and will be competing for those spots are Huddersfield, Forest, 'Boro, West Brom, QPR, Burnley, Sheffield United and there's bound to be a surprise package or two.

Excited already.

I'm not looking forward to this winter break nonsense.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
So here we go again........my boys, Blackburn Rovers, kick off with a home game against QPR one of the teams I see as potential play off candidates. Rovers are an unknown quantity this season with a new coaching structure, new manager Jon Dahl Tomasson new to English football and three key players lost during the summer; Joe Rothwell to Bournemouth is understandable, Darragh Lenihan to 'Boro I sort of get that, Ryan Nyambe to Wigan - really Ryan you see this as progressing your career? Quite beyond me.

How will we do? I think top eight is realistic and hope we can push for the play-offs. Automatic promotion would be a very big ask. The teams we have to watch and will be competing for those spots are Huddersfield, Forest, 'Boro, West Brom, QPR, Burnley, Sheffield United and there's bound to be a surprise package or two.

Excited already.

I'm not looking forward to this winter break nonsense.

Didn’t Forest get promoted to the Prem in May?
Enjoy the season.
The mighty Sutton play Newport today, probably be the usual chaos parking here, I’m about a 3 minute walk from the ground!

Mike_P

Guru
Worth a punt of Norwich up Forest down. The latters largely second 11 managed to hold on for a 2-2 draw this week against neighbours, and National League sadly, Notts County showing they do not have much strength in depth once injuries and suspensions stack up.

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak