The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I don't think that if Sky pulled out of England it would kill the game.

No - there's a bidding war for rights (Amazon, BT). There's fundamental value in the rights, and that drives the revenue of the league more than anything else, regardless of the precise companies involved.

AndyRM

XOXO
No - there's a bidding war for rights (Amazon, BT). There's fundamental value in the rights, and that drives the revenue of the league more than anything else, regardless of the precise companies involved.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm not explaining myself particularly well here. I'll try and be clearer later.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I said literally none of that.

you said this

1675164660662.png

Bankrolled by independently rich...i highlighted that's not true by stating SKY has a huge effect on clubs earnings and are not just bankrolled by rich owners

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you said this

View attachment 676274

Bankrolled by independently rich...i highlighted that's not true by stating SKY has a huge effect on clubs earnings and are not just bankrolled by rich owners

It is true though, the majority the owners of all the big clubs did not make their money from the sky TV deal, and are using additional funds to bankroll their clubs.

The Glazers are an exception they bankrolled Man on loans and leach money out of it.

jowwy

It is true though, the majority the owners of all the big clubs did not make their money from the sky TV deal, and are using additional funds to bankroll their clubs.

The Glazers are an exception they bankrolled Man on loans and leach money out of it.

But we arent talking owners, we talking clubs..... if all the TV deals went away, then a lot of clubs would be suffering right now, as a lot of their revenue is from TV. Liverpools owners have stated they need to up their revenue to compete, even though the owners are billionaires, they want the club to be self sufficient. Hence two new huge stands being built over the last 5years to bring in more people to the club and spend money

Casing point they sell players before they buy and when they buy its one or two players funded by the clubs revenue.... they have a net spend of £258m over ten years in the transfer market. Man UTD have a net spend of 1 billion in the same time frame. Chelsea have a net spend of £600m for last 6 months

AndyRM

XOXO
But we arent talking owners, we talking clubs..... if all the TV deals went away, then a lot of clubs would be suffering right now, as a lot of their revenue is from TV. Liverpools owners have stated they need to up their revenue to compete, even though the owners are billionaires, they want the club to be self sufficient. Hence two new huge stands being built over the last 5years to bring in more people to the club and spend money

Casing point they sell players before they buy and when they buy its one or two players funded by the clubs revenue.... they have a net spend of £258m over ten years in the transfer market. Man UTD have a net spend of 1 billion in the same time frame. Chelsea have a net spend of £600m for last 6 months

How can you possibly have a discussion about a football club without considering the owners? They're inextricably linked.

jowwy

How can you possibly have a discussion about a football club without considering the owners? They're inextricably linked.

Yes they are...but not all OWNERS bankroll the club.....that's the difference. Mike Ashley didnt bankroll Newcastle, he used them to make money and lots of it

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes they are...but not all OWNERS bankroll the club.....that's the difference. Mike Ashley didnt bankroll Newcastle, he used them to make money and lots of it

Jeezo. I didn't say they did.

Congrats on getting the thread nice and tedious again.

Maybe we could move on? Some interesting signings confirmed so far today... Jorginho seems a good move, as does Ashby.

Predictably quiet on the Killie front, I suspect we'll be scraping around non-league hoping for some kind of miracle loan signing. We are in big trouble.

jowwy

Jeezo. I didn't say they did.

Congrats on getting the thread nice and tedious again.

Maybe we could move on? Some interesting signings confirmed so far today... Jorginho seems a good move, as does Ashby.

Predictably quiet on the Killie front, I suspect we'll be scraping around non-league hoping for some kind of miracle loan signing. We are in big trouble.

so no one can question you then??? i thought this was a public forum open for discussion and opinion

Sorry, what i meant was I cant question you, but others can ....but hey ho

AndyRM

XOXO
so no one can question you then??? i thought this was a public forum open for discussion and opinion

Sorry, what i meant was I cant question you, but others can ....but hey ho

Bore off man... You hardly ask questions, and rarely (if ever) accept answers without coming back with some moved goalposts, or have ignored key elements of someone's post for whatever reason.

Anyway...

I hadn't realised it was Newcastle's semi second leg in the Reindeer Cup tonight. For the sake of my Toon supporting mates I hope they make it through. A final has been a long time coming for them.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's brilliant,anyway Leeds won't go any further.Sunderland. I ask you 1973 all over again,plus little Joe who has gone to Sunderland bet he plays and scores the winning foal.Mind you there might be rules not allowing him to play.
It's definitely not the draw my Leeds supporting mate was hoping for! He was hoping for Wrexham at home (providing they win their replay). :rolleyes:

Top Bottom