The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
not many City fans ?

:hello:

20221002_155414 (1).jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
No misplaced loyalty here, team is more important than individuals, I'm sure you agree ?

Dunno… ultimately it’s down to a team of players on the pitch to win matches. In the PL, they’re all paid enough to perform at their best

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yeah I remember that too, it was supposed to signal a bit of an international revival for us. :huh:

That team was to be the new super stars of the future . Not many made it did they ! Some of them , injury ended their careers before they even got going !
One or two I played against , in the amateur leagues. Talented but unfortunately wasted eventuality.

Anyways the Saudis had bleedin beards and all sorts , U16 my hole :laugh:

Essam Al-Hadary was 78 when he retired from the Saudi national side don't forget.
1676065697277.png

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I expected @shep to be here celebrating 10 man Wolves' victory over struggling Southampton.
Has anyone heard from him?
I really hope he's OK and not languishing in a cell on Merseyside. :smile:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I noticed that Southampton have sacked their manager, which took me to Wiki to find out the shortest even PL manager - the answer is Les Reed (Charlton - 41 days). Now, nothing remarkable about that, however, delving more deeply into Les reveals the following : Total number of profession football games played is zero, total number of managerial positions held is one, which is as I said, the shortest ever and he has been described as "the worst manager of all time". So, can anyone guess his current role ?

Answer :
"On 21 December 2018, It was announced that Reed was appointed as the Football Association's technical director"

The mind boggles who they decided were not up to the job before they appointed Les (for the second time, btw, he was sacked from the FA in 2004)

Top Bottom