The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Where's @jowwy when we need him ??
Bad time to face the toffees......
Shed load of injuries.
Morale seems to be at its lowest.
Worst we've been playing for years.
Then they go and get a great result.

My bum is twitching already 😕

Slick

Guru
About time this practice ,(tactic?) was stopped, referees should be deciding when the game is stopped.

I don't disagree, as it is blatantly obvious when it is used tactically but I suppose its still a gentleman's game for some. Although I don't believe he would do it for every team.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't disagree, as it is blatantly obvious when it is used tactically but I suppose its still a gentleman's game for some. Although I don't believe he would do it for every team.

in this instance the attacking team (rangers) put the ball out as their player was down.

what was odd was why Partick didn't just long throw it back to them, instead of the throw - pass they were going for, which the previously injured player intercepted.

anyway all done right in the end.

Slick

Guru
in this instance the attacking team (rangers) put the ball out as their player was down.

what was odd was why Partick didn't just long throw it back to them, instead of the throw - pass they were going for, which the previously injured player intercepted.

anyway all done right in the end.

That would be my issue.

The truth is, the boy lost control of the ball and the attacking player was the guy that was injured so didn't realise that the intention was to hoof back up to our goalkeeper.

I reckon all is fair in love and war, but fair play to them.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
so didn't realise that the intention was to hoof back up to our goalkeeper.
ah that make more sense for the "relay" but a bit stingy of Partick to be wanting it cleared back the Rangers keeper! A throw to halfway line would have been more than adequate, they had possession deep into Partick half when they booted it out!

Slick

Guru
ah that make more sense for the "relay" but a bit stingy of Partick to be wanting it cleared back the Rangers keeper! A throw to halfway line would have been more than adequate, they had possession deep into Partick half when they booted it out!

Exactly. :thumbsup:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Top Bottom