The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
We'll see if we can prove it over the next three weeks. I'll likely spend the vital minutes behind the sofa with my eyes covered.

Hopefully Grealish scores the winner against Brighton on Wednesday and the Champions League Final.

I was gutted when he left Aston Villa, the most talented home grown lad I have seen at Villa Park, but he was too good for where we was at the time, I'm pleased he's come good, so many in the media and quite a few salty Villa fans wanted to write him off as a failure.

I agree with previous comments Man City are the best in the world ATM, the semi final against Real Madrid was out of this world, they are a joy to watch.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Was never confident about us (Stockport) turning around that play off tie, especially with our current injury list.
Great effort today, some absolute walking wounded having to play 120 minutes + penalties...
Roll on Wembley v Carlisle ^_^

Seeing as my team are playing in League 2 next season, I can't decide who I'd like to stay down. Stockport are/is much nearer to Accrington than Carlisle, but Carlisle are the Portsmouth of the north, in terms of big followings to hundreds of miles round trip, away games. I'd like Carlisle to go up as they've been close to it many times and Stockport had a promotion last season, but I would prefer to play Carlisle next season. 🤔

Last edited:
Yes indeed.

As a city fan enjoying the celebrations at the Etihad yesterday, I can assure you that many are pinching themselves in disbelief at the football we currently witness, and very much aware that it will not last forever. I expect like our neighbours in Salford currently, one day not too distant we'll be very glad of a chance at Europa success. Or indeed like Forest, ecstatic to avoid the drop.

But what a team we have now. Incroyable!!
Without doubt the best team in the world IMO.
You will always have the financial clout with your present owners to buy the very best players but when it comes to the time when Pep Guardiola decides it's time to go is when things might change.
The man is such a great manager, who will be there to fill that void?
Your neighbours have nether been the same since ferguson left.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Without doubt the best team in the world IMO.
You will always have the financial clout with your present owners to buy the very best players but when it comes to the time when Pep Guardiola decides it's time to go is when things might change.
The man is such a great manager, who will be there to fill that void?
Your neighbours have nether been the same since ferguson left.

Anyone who thinks that finance alone guarantees a great team could usefully look to Trafford, Stamford Bridge, or for the poster child of vanity projects, Parc des Princes.

City are lavishly financed for sure, but the money has been well spent, thanks to an extremely professional management. I'm also delighted we entirely lack prima donnas of the type often seen in the upper echelons of the game.

Agree re Guardiola.

potsy

Rambler
Seeing as my team are playing in League 2 next season, I can't decide who I'd like to stay down. Stockport are/is much nearer to Accrington than Carlisle, but Carlisle are the Portsmouth of the north, in terms of big followings to hundreds of miles round trip, away games. I'd like Carlisle to go up as they've been close to it many times and Stockport had a promotion last season, but I would prefer to play Carlisle next season. 🤔

As much as I'd love to be playing against Accrington next season I'm hoping it's Carlisle for you :tongue:

I still remember going to a pre-season friendly at your place many years ago, before you made it out of none league.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Anyone who thinks that finance alone guarantees a great team could usefully look to Trafford, Stamford Bridge, or for the poster child of vanity projects, Parc des Princes.

City are lavishly financed for sure, but the money has been well spent, thanks to an extremely professional management. I'm also delighted we entirely lack prima donnas of the type often seen in the upper echelons of the game.

Agree re Guardiola.

Indeed it wasn't long ago you were managed by Sven and we (Boro) smashed you 8-1. How times have changed..... :laugh:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Indeed it wasn't long ago you were managed by Sven and we (Boro) smashed you 8-1. How times have changed..... :laugh:

Indeed! Though Sven was a step up from Pearce...

Sad to see Boro fail to get up. I was brought up in the North East, but always had a soft spot for City and adopted them after moving here in primarily in order to ensure my boys never supported United. Couldn't have that!

Went to Ayresome Park just the once BITD. 4-2 victory over Wolves, Stuart Ripley starring in my memory at least, though google tells me he was only a sub

https://www.11v11.com/matches/middlesbrough-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-19-august-1989-123668/

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_0243.jpeg

Made me laugh...

Chislenko

Veteran
Is he some kind of famous or infamous football hooligan, Like Millwall fan Harry The Dog was? I'm guessing he was in that part of the ground where Dutch 'fans' attacked West Ham fans last week, going off his beaten up appearance. 🤔

Apparently he defended the West Ham players families who were in the stand the Dutch fans were trying to get to.

Top Bottom