The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Whilst I realise the media (and many of the rank and file) will be extolling the virtues of Manchester City tonight I would just like to say well done to Mark Robbins and his troops of Coventry City on reaching the play off final for the Premier League.

No massive budget, to be fair they haven't even had a home ground for quite a few recent seasons and no guarantee of a place to play next season.

I am not a Coventry fan but fair play to them, well done.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Whilst I realise the media (and many of the rank and file) will be extolling the virtues of Manchester City tonight I would just like to say well done to Mark Robbins and his troops of Coventry City on reaching the play off final for the Premier League.

No massive budget, to be fair they haven't even had a home ground for quite a few recent seasons and no guarantee of a place to play next season.

I am not a Coventry fan but fair play to them, well done.

It's been a sky blues night for sure!!:cheers:

Alex321

Veteran
Didn’t QPR have the first plastic pitch in the old first division?

Looking it up, yes it seems so. They had it when in the 2nd division, but got promoted to the 1st (with plastic pitch) before Luton's was installed.

For some reasojn, I remember them making a lot more fuss about the Luton one than the QPR one, which is why I thought it was first.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Bollocks, it just wasn't to be.

Hope Coventry do a job on Luton, it would be a service to football to keep those long ball fouling cloggers with their crappy ground out of the premier League.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
having a stack load of premier league cash might help them (or hinder -could make Ashley very greedy)

actually a quick google says they agreed a 5 year deal last month, initially they only agreed a deal to end of this season when Wasps went bust and Ashley swopped in.

Luton have ground issues too - its shoot and small and surrounded by houses. there are plans to redevelop the east stand but its very narrow, there is a limit to what they can do.

1684397163903.png

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
having a stack load of premier league cash might help them (or hinder -could make Ashley very greedy)

Luton have ground issues too - its shoot and small and surrounded by houses. there are plans to redevelop the east stand but its very narrow, there is a limit to what they can do.

View attachment 690151
They need to spend £10million just on upgrades for TV coverage.
They are looking to move away but it takes time and they have had a meteoric rise through the leagues.
The away stand entrance is through a row of houses which is crazy.
The BBC had a good article on the issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-65483745

Chislenko

Veteran
To be fair when I started watching football most stadiums were in the middle of town surrounded by houses and more importantly pubs!!.

Much prefer those sort of grounds than the soul less "Lego stadia" in the middle of nowhere started by Walsall's Bescot Stadium as it was then called.

Do you reckon that'll have any impact on the game against Leeds?

Players are liable to want to avoid injuries, but could it be a chance for fringe players to make a claim for a place in
I don't know how we are going to play on Sunday to be honest.I'd like to see Moyes play a very good academy player Divin Mubama.
Leeds need the three points so they have got to go for it but with Sam in charge who knows?

Top Bottom