The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Yes what a start,City deserved the Cup,United were awful.Harry Kane think again about joining that lot.The team needs a good sorting out.

Bet the bookies did well today ... thought we had a chance, moments of magic been few and far between this season, just hope ETH can move us on next season, i kind of think he's the one as well.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@postman , @Slick. I watched the final in a pub with my 44 years a Leeds fan mate. He wanted the 'hated reds' to win, just because he'd put a tenner on them to win! How fickle are some football fans eh! :rolleyes:

Strange. My son wanted Utd to win purely so City don't get the treble. Go figure that.
I am a lifelong LFC fan but accept that City are clearly the best team in the uk and possibly Europe at the moment.
Hopefully LFC and others can make it closer next season.

Chislenko

Veteran
Can I just say I was a big Zlatan fan, that overhead against England is still probably the best goal you are ever likely to see, not withstanding that he carried Sweden almost singlehandedly for many years even though he wasn't really Swedish.

Congrats to Ian Sparrow(fc Shimano) for winning the CycleChat fantasy premier league.
Three teams in it this season(2022/23) that's a bit pathetic if you don't mind me mentioning.
I'll be setting up a new league for the upcoming season.

Can I just say I was a big Zlatan fan, that overhead against England is still probably the best goal you are ever likely to see, not withstanding that he carried Sweden almost singlehandedly for many years even though he wasn't really Swedish.

Yeah I liked the lad at Man U 2016-18. No Haaland but you knew he could do something special every so often. In fact wonder if ETH could coax him out of retirement? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
My negative prediction is, he will be lucky to see out the year, never mind the season.

Probably says more about my opinion on what little I know of the game down south, than it does about Ange or Spurs in particular.

I don't think it is general within the "game down South", or at least no more than anywhere else.

Lok at Arsenal for instance, they seem happy to stick with one manager for much longer than some teams. It seems to be just Spurs & Chelsea who change their manager more often than their underwear.

Slick

Guru
I don't think it is general within the "game down South", or at least no more than anywhere else.

Lok at Arsenal for instance, they seem happy to stick with one manager for much longer than some teams. It seems to be just Spurs & Chelsea who change their manager more often than their underwear.

Maybe, but there's definitely a pressure that isn't quite so obvious in other leagues.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/04/02/how-...nagers-have-been-sacked-this-season-18542874/

Top Bottom