The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I went to Partizan to watch my team (Rhyl) in one of those qualifying rounds. We got smashed 8-0 (12-0) on aggregate.

Our centre half that day, George Horan, is now the centre half for the team that knocked you out, Nomads, or as we call them locally, No Mates!

From what I understand, it's a right carry on to get to Belgrade?

Chislenko

Veteran
From what I understand, it's a right carry on to get to Belgrade?

There was direct flights years ago. Went with Rhyl and Wales. Very interesting city with lots of history and most things walkable.

Also the beer was cheap!

However, whilst we were there to watch Wales (would have been 2003) we went to watch our under 21's at a place called Novisad. Our under 21 goalkeeper at the time was a black lad, Jason Brown, now I have been to watch football all over the world but have never witnessed such out and out racism as we did that night. Felt really upset for the lad.

Last edited:
Yeah not the best game but played City. I've enjoyed loads of Brighton & Fulham games more on a millionth of the budget, but who am i to quibble.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My boys, Rovers, won the Full Members cup in 1987, 1 - 0 against Charlton. We took 32000 to Wembley that day. Little did I know but I thought it was probably going to be my only chance to see Rovers in a cup final.

We had a brilliant day. I've never forgotten the comment one steward made to another at FT "You'd think they'd won something." Too right we had won something!

I agree the Europa cup isn't a major trophy but WHU were in it, won it and so I fully understand their joy.

I was there that day. Charlton brought/took a measly 5000 fans, even though only a few miles from Wembley. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yes, well done City - poor match though

Finals rarely produce good games . However city have the keeper and the crossbar to thank ! Regardless of the ongoing investigation into the finances , Pep has done very well with his teams , having all the money in the world doesn’t always guarantee success! PSG a prime example ! Wonder where he will go next ?

AndyRM

XOXO
Finals rarely produce good games . However city have the keeper and the crossbar to thank ! Regardless of the ongoing investigation into the finances , Pep has done very well with his teams , having all the money in the world doesn’t always guarantee success! PSG a prime example ! Wonder where he will go next ?

Has to be a national team? Though I'm not sure that would suit his style.

Top Bottom